Professional Web Applications Themes

max 4.2 transform gizmo AWOL... - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi, I realise this is a Director forum but I've got some good advice from you guys and maybe you can help? I'm running 3DS MAX v4.2 - in the last couple of days for some reason (probably hit a keyboard shortcut by accident) my transform gizmo has been replaced by 3 red arrows. This is although the gizmo is selected to show in the views menu. I can't for the life of me find a way to return to the normal transform gizmo mode and the help hasn't. Anyone have any ideas as to why my gizmo would be ...

  1. #1

    Default max 4.2 transform gizmo AWOL...

    Hi,

    I realise this is a Director forum but I've got some good advice from you
    guys and maybe you can help?

    I'm running 3DS MAX v4.2 - in the last couple of days for some reason
    (probably hit a keyboard shortcut by accident) my transform gizmo has been
    replaced by 3 red arrows. This is although the gizmo is selected to show in
    the views menu. I can't for the life of me find a way to return to the
    normal transform gizmo mode and the help hasn't.

    Anyone have any ideas as to why my gizmo would be missing? I'm desperate
    here! The only way I can transform models right now is by using the text
    boxes/sliders at the bottom of the window!

    Cheers,

    GP

    Gianpiero Colagiacomo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: max 4.2 transform gizmo AWOL...

    Ok, ok, I was a little hasty in posting... I found the relevant setting
    (customize>preferences>viewports>transform gizmo) and now have my transform
    gizmo back where it ought to be.

    Unfortunately I've found another problem - all of my cameras seem to be
    clipping... I've checked their setup and the 'near range' and 'near clip'
    settings are both 0. The thing is this is happening to any new cameras I
    create too so it's a Max setting not a camera property.

    Anyone have any ideas?

  3. #3

    try pressing "X"

    "Gianpiero Colagiacomo" <gp1lg.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I realise this is a Director forum but I've got some good advice from you
    > guys and maybe you can help?
    >
    > I'm running 3DS MAX v4.2 - in the last couple of days for some reason
    > (probably hit a keyboard shortcut by accident) my transform gizmo has been
    > replaced by 3 red arrows. This is although the gizmo is selected to show
    in
    > the views menu. I can't for the life of me find a way to return to the
    > normal transform gizmo mode and the help hasn't.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas as to why my gizmo would be missing? I'm desperate
    > here! The only way I can transform models right now is by using the text
    > boxes/sliders at the bottom of the window!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > GP

    Bobby Tan Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks Bobby but I wasn't in expert mode - see my follow-up post...