Professional Web Applications Themes

Maximizing web page size from desktop - PLEASE HELP! - Windows XP/2000/ME

I have web pages that I visit often saved as shortcuts on my desktop. When I used to click on the icon, the full web page would open up, but today it's been opening only a very tiny window and I have to click maximum to get it to open up all the way. How can I change the default setting back to maximum?? Could you also e-mail the answer to me at: [email]tonimcarthurjam.rr.com[/email] Thank you....

  1. #1

    Default Maximizing web page size from desktop - PLEASE HELP!

    I have web pages that I visit often saved as shortcuts on
    my desktop. When I used to click on the icon, the full
    web page would open up, but today it's been opening only a
    very tiny window and I have to click maximum to get it to
    open up all the way. How can I change the default setting
    back to maximum??

    Could you also e-mail the answer to me at:

    [email]tonimcarthurjam.rr.com[/email]

    Thank you.
    toni Guest

  2. #2

    toni wrote:
    > I have web pages that I visit often saved as shortcuts on
    > my desktop. When I used to click on the icon, the full
    > web page would open up, but today it's been opening only a
    > very tiny window and I have to click maximum to get it to
    > open up all the way. How can I change the default setting
    > back to maximum??
    >
    > Could you also e-mail the answer to me at:
    >
    > [email]tonimcarthurjam.rr.com[/email]
    >
    > Thank you.
    What is small? The Interenet Explorer Window, or the web page inside
    Internet Explorer?

    What changed from "yesterday" when it worked, to today?

    Rob Schneider Guest

  3. #3

    "toni" <tonimcarthurjam.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I have web pages that I visit often saved as shortcuts on
    > my desktop. When I used to click on the icon, the full
    > web page would open up, but today it's been opening only a
    > very tiny window and I have to click maximum to get it to
    > open up all the way. How can I change the default setting
    > back to maximum??
    >
    > Could you also e-mail the answer to me at:
    >
    > [email]tonimcarthurjam.rr.com[/email]
    >
    > Thank you.
    You have two posts on same subject but this is more specific. For
    shortcuts, right-click on each of them, select Properties. Then in the
    dialog box, click on the V triangle to right of "Run", then click on
    "Maximized" in the drop-down list, finally Apply and OK buttons. I do this
    regularly.

    Malv

    Malvern Guest

  4. #4

    Malvern wrote:
    > "toni" <tonimcarthurjam.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> I have web pages that I visit often saved as shortcuts on
    >> my desktop.
    >
    > You have two posts on same subject but this is more specific. For
    > shortcuts, right-click on each of them, select Properties. Then in the
    > dialog box, click on the V triangle to right of "Run", then click on
    > "Maximized" in the drop-down list, finally Apply and OK buttons. I do
    > this regularly.
    You do that with shortcuts to web pages? Interesting, on my machine
    shortcuts to web pages (*.url not *.lnk files) do not have the run item
    with a Maximized selection available.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows XP & Smart Display

    Tom Porterfield Guest

  5. #5

    >> "toni" <tonimcarthurjam.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have web pages that I visit often saved as shortcuts on
    >>> my desktop.
    >> Malvern
    >> You have two posts on same subject but this is more specific. For
    >> shortcuts, right-click on each of them, select Properties. Then in the
    >> dialog box, click on the V triangle to right of "Run", then click on
    >> "Maximized" in the drop-down list, finally Apply and OK buttons. I do
    >> this regularly.
    > >"Tom Porterfield" <tpportermvps.org> wrote:
    >You do that with shortcuts to web pages? Interesting, on my machine
    >shortcuts to web pages (*.url not *.lnk files) do not have the run item
    >with a Maximized selection available.
    You can make a desktop shortcut with a target line that reads
    (example):
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" [url]www.tvguide.ca[/url]
    Then you have access to the Run ... maximized area.
    Maureen Goldman Guest