Professional Web Applications Themes

Maybe a new virus - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Within the last fifteen minutes I have received two emails, disguised as coming from Microsoft, The subject's were..Latest Internet Critical Update,156Ks, and Bug Message,144Ks. I deleted without opening. Anyone else getting these?...

  1. #1

    Default Maybe a new virus

    Within the last fifteen minutes I have received two emails, disguised as coming from Microsoft, The subject's were..Latest Internet Critical Update,156Ks, and Bug Message,144Ks. I deleted without opening. Anyone else getting these?
    Earl Alexander Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Maybe a new virus

    Earl, the name is constantly changing...I barely pay attention anymore...I just delete. Norton picks them out first of course but I still never open crap that I don't know who it's from. It's even using 'postmaster'...e-mail as topic in some...or 'returned mail ...blah blah something... offs !
    JodiFrye Guest

  3. #3

    Add to that another message, 15K of size, posing as a returned-to-sender e-mail notice. Don't open
    it.
    Btw, those of you with IE / OE 5.5, you're at risk because without the proper patch, OE opens up
    those attachments. I've read it on some Microsoft TechNet bulletin. If you've kept your computer
    updated with Windows Update, then don't worry.

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:01:57 -0700, "Ray" <carbone_2000hotmail.com>
    wrote:
    >Add to that another message, 15K of size, posing as a returned-to-sender e-mail notice. Don't open
    >it.
    >Btw, those of you with IE / OE 5.5, you're at risk because without the proper patch, OE opens up
    >those attachments. I've read it on some Microsoft TechNet bulletin. If you've kept your computer
    >updated with Windows Update, then don't worry.

    I am using Eudora as the Email application, and I too am bombarded
    with these. The problem is that they fill up the mail server, and
    soon enough they clogg it.

    It is very difficult to filter them since the "SUBJECT" and the "FROM"
    lines change randomly and frequently use new words and new
    combinations of words.

    One technique which has been partially sucesfull in Eudora is to allow
    the application to downolad only messages that are less than 30K in
    size or so. It works, but one still has to delete these dozens of
    messages manually.

    I have also applied Norton and Eudora's filtreation, but started to
    "loose" real messages too...

    SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE TO STOP THIS !!!!!

    ZR
    ZR Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. #6

    There is a new worm that spreads itself by harvesting addresses from newsgroups. These Adobe forum postings are cross-posted to Adobe newsgroups, with your real-email address attached. While it is good advice to avoid using real address in news groups, this can not be done here since the forum registration requires that you use a real address. Adobe does provide a method for masking your address from newsgroups, but it also means you can't receive copies of discussions you are participating in by e-mail.

    To mask your address, go to your account preferences, click on e-mail address preferences, and read the fine print. Or go to the Forum Comments Forum, click the FAQ link, then read the FAQ on news groups and e-mail addresses.

    See how easy it is?

    Of course, you will be locking the barn door after the horse has not only left, but is standing in the pasture with a thousand other horses throwing road apples through the farmhouse window.
    Tom Guest

  7. #7

    This is exactly why I cloaked my e-mail as soon as Adobe offered this option (a few months ago? Less than a year).
    Lou Guest

  8. #8

    Lou and Tom,

    I think that Adobe only offered this service a few weeks to two months ago.
    This forum currently suffers greatly from the virus attack you mentioned so your remark comes in handy.

    Robert
    Schraven Guest