Professional Web Applications Themes

Meeting - Adobe Photoshop Elements

After reading so many postings about Americans who lived in the same area some time, I have a request for people on the forum that live in the Netherlands. I know about Robbert Schraven and Chris Tuithof, but I suppose they are not the only ones. It might be a good idea to meet each other to exchange information. Who else is out there? Either posting or just only lurking. Leen...

  1. #1

    Default Meeting

    After reading so many postings about Americans who lived in the same area some time, I have a request for people on the forum that live in the Netherlands. I know about Robbert Schraven and Chris Tuithof, but I suppose they are not the only ones.

    It might be a good idea to meet each other to exchange information.
    Who else is out there? Either posting or just only lurking.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Meeting

    Leen,

    We could as well open a chat room and so all members here could join in!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    Isn't this forum sometimes just like a chatroom? ;-))
    Plastic palm trees, plastic flamingos, discussions about the quality of the morning coffee..... I love it!

    Meeting each other face to face however is something different and the Netherlands aren't that large. When you 're in the centre it is usually within a 100 miles.
    That 's less far than Jodi's coffee.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  4. #4

    > Meeting each other face to face however is something different and the
    Netherlands aren't that large. When you 're in the centre it is usually
    within a 100 miles.

    Leen,

    Why not think big and get 'everyone' together. I was thinking Azores might
    be fairly central but that is still a long way for Susan :)

    All this conversation brings out new ideas for photos and using elements I
    believe. I may go out and take some pictures of my new growth in the yard
    that surrounds my "Plastic Flamingos"; pineapple plants, Guacamole tree,
    Mango trees, Three new Papaya Trees last week, and an Elephant ear plant
    that is Huge after only 40 days and also has sprouted another one a foot
    way. And not to forget the seventy or eighty palm trees that make mowing
    the grass a "close course" event every week.

    (Maybe those flamingos are the only color out there but everything is green
    12 months a year:)!

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  5. #5

    Pete - I'm in Toronto 8-14 (or something like that) of September, followed by a couple of days somewhere near Albany, followed by a month in London/Oxford/Cambridge (mainly London). I would love to meet any forum regulars that live within reasonable distance during my travels. Probably a bit more convenient than the Azores!

    My garden is a flamingo free zone. i do however have a small garden gnome with the obligatory fishing rod - he belongs to one of my daughters.

    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

  6. #6

    Susan, probably I will be in Cambridge for a few days at the same time as you to attend a print competition.
    (Next Saturday I 'll be in London to cover a wedding, but I will return with the first ferry on Sunday morning.)
    I would love to meet you. Let's keep in touch.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  7. #7

    Leen - I'm not sure exactly when or how much time I'll be in Cambridge yet - my husband is visiting the law school for a couple of weeks, but it's yet to be decided whether me and the kids will stay there or whether I'll just stay at home in London and and come up for a couple of day trips - depends on the accomodation costs. Let me know when you are going to be there and I'll see what I can do.

    [email]sestewartozemail.com.au[/email]

    Ray - London, England - my parents live there! I always forget that there's one in Canada too!

    susan S

    Susan S.
    Susan S. Guest

  8. #8

    Ray, St. Petersburg isn't far from where Pete lives!

    Oh....do you mean St. Petersburg in Russia??

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  9. #9

    Leen,

    I'm usually very carefull about my gear, but I'll be more carefull this
    time. I'm used to travelling with my Canon Elan 7e and several lenses, and
    carefully hiding it when people get too close to me. But since we're two
    men travelling, that usually helps to lower temptation to steal our stuff :)

    Thanks for the advice!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  10. #10

    St Petersburg is a beautiful city - or it was when I was last there - I went there in 1974 when it was still Leningrad, as part of a school trip. Mind you after Moscow at that period, anything would seem like a blessed relief. It would be interesting to go back, but I don't think it's as safe for travellers as it was then.
    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

  11. #11

    Ray, to add to the confusion, we have a Paris in Texas! Not much chance of
    confusing it with the French variety, though....

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  12. #12

    All this travel sounds good. Where is the party ? I'll bring the pink flamingos and the magic wand.....high tolerance ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  13. #13

    Susan... it's an incredible journey! Around the world, sort of! I envy you
    :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  14. #14

    I think we should all meet at Photoshop World <http://www.photoshopworld.com> in September. ;-)
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  15. #15

    OK
    Jodi Frye Guest

  16. #16

    Huhhmmm... Let's see... 499$, on top of the ticket to get there / the hotel
    room / the various expenses on a trip... I don't think I can afford this :(

    Perhaps only the party on the boat..

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  17. #17

    Perhaps only the party on the boat

    Nah, Ray, I've been on that boat. We should have an Elements party instead.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  18. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  19. #19

    Barbara, for that, count me in !
    I was never a boat person sort of myself :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  20. #20

    Ray,

    Yeah that is too much and you might get seasick or fall in with the sharks.
    Just meet here. I will throw some stuff on the grille.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast