Professional Web Applications Themes

Merging a Photo into an already existing photo as a transpareny - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi, my name is Jonaton. Although I'm fairly new to the program, I'm no stranger to more recent Photoshop programs such as 7.0. I was recently forced to convert back to Elements when my 7.0 disk was misplaced. I do a lot of picture editing for people who Role Play online. I tend to take 2 or more pictures, mergings them into one but as transparencies so I can still see the main picture through them all. I have yet to figure out a way to do this in Elements. Any help is much appreciated. Email me at [email]KveerRavenaol.com[/email] for ...

  1. #1

    Default Merging a Photo into an already existing photo as a transpareny

    Hi, my name is Jonaton. Although I'm fairly new to the program, I'm no stranger to more recent Photoshop programs such as 7.0. I was recently forced to convert back to Elements when my 7.0 disk was misplaced. I do a lot of picture editing for people who Role Play online. I tend to take 2 or more pictures, mergings them into one but as transparencies so I can still see the main picture through them all. I have yet to figure out a way to do this in Elements. Any help is much appreciated. Email me at [email]KveerRavenaol.com[/email] for any advice you have involving the subject. Thanks in Advance!!

    Jonathon
    Jonathon Guest

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Jonathon,

    Perhaps you can tell which Photoshop techniques you used that you are missing in Elements. There are often workarounds to accomplish the same things.

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest

  5. #5

    Maybe: new image as a layer, adjust transparecy in the layer's pallette, move layer to desired location, re -set transparency to 100% then merge visible.

    CR
    Chris Rankin Guest

  6. #6

    Jonathan, like Rich, I'm not sure I understand your goal completely, either, but have you tried this:

    Have the Layers palette open on your desktop, and then open the first image and verify that it shows as the background layer in your palette. Then open the second image and either do a copy/paste to the background image or a drag and drop. (l like drag and drop better.) You'll see that the second image has gone into a new layer. Select that layer by highlighting it, and then go to the top of the layers palette and adjust the opacity.

    If this doesn't give you the effect you're after, use it as a base and explain what part missed the mark.
    Beth Haney Guest

  7. #7

    I put a response in one of your other posts.
    Beth Haney Guest

  8. #8

    Beth and Chris,

    The advice you gave me allowed me to perform my desired look. Thank you so much. I can now return to my hobby of editing pictures for others. Thanks again!

    Jonathon
    Jonathon Guest