Professional Web Applications Themes

Message for Agustín María Rodríguez - Macromedia Director 3D

Hello Agustin, I took your advice and coded the Esc button to free the mouse... [url]www.mockworld.com/kilroy[/url] But in addition to that, when you press the Esc button it changes the camera angle to 3rd person mode. I'm not sure if I want to keep this feature or just make the Esc button free the mouse. What do you think? Steve...

  1. #1

    Default Message for Agustín María Rodríguez

    Hello Agustin, I took your advice and coded the Esc button to free the
    mouse...

    [url]www.mockworld.com/kilroy[/url]

    But in addition to that, when you press the Esc button it changes the camera
    angle to 3rd person mode. I'm not sure if I want to keep this feature or
    just make the Esc button free the mouse. What do you think?

    Steve

    steve Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Message for Agustín María Rodríguez

    steve wrote:
    > Hello Agustin, I took your advice and coded the Esc button to free the
    > mouse...
    jeje... wise guy :P
    > [url]www.mockworld.com/kilroy[/url]
    WOW!! NOW I REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!! Damn!! You have improved the game A
    LOT!!!! I remember when you started with a couple of boxes and some
    ty stairways collision :D

    > But in addition to that, when you press the Esc button it changes the camera
    > angle to 3rd person mode. I'm not sure if I want to keep this feature or
    > just make the Esc button free the mouse. What do you think?
    I find this great!! The cursor control also changes, which is great
    too. The help is missing though... it keeps showing the right/left
    arrows as strafe.

    Keep it up, Steve!!!

    PS: I´ve tried to play multiuser with a friend but she had shockwave
    errors. Besides, the first time she refused to install the cursor xtra
    and then averything crashed for her. you´d have to think about a heads
    up to the user to prevent this. Explain that the xtra is needed for blah
    blah... And you can even show a screenshot of the install pop up and
    with red circle on the button "Install" (for example).
    --
    Agustín María Rodríguez | [email]agustinOnWine.com.ar[/email] | [url]www.OnWine.com.ar[/url]

    Agustín María Rodríguez Guest

  3. #3

    Hey Steve,

    I don't know exactly what you did since the last version, but it now dropped
    to only 2 FPS on my computer while it was playable before (about 25 FPS).
    You should check it out. You have a performance issue here.

    Cheers,
    Karl.

    Karl Sigiscar Guest

  4. #4

    It was just my Matrox G550 having display settings problems under Windows
    98. I'm back to 25 FPS on my PIII 600E / 384 MB.

    Nice ship models added in the background (by Ghoulish Arts ?).

    Cheers,
    Karl.

    Karl Sigiscar Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Steve,

    Sorry to butt into your message to Agustin. I have to say, you have something really good going. I tried the game, and it was really smooth. I was really surprised given the amount of detail etc... Really good game! Rainbow 6 and 1942, almost.

    But I want to ask... how did you do those trees? They look really really good!... were the leaves textured in Max? How was it done? Think I may need some trees of my own in the near future... hope you can help...

    BuddyNewbie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for the input Agustin, I'll try to think of a way to resolve the Xtra
    issue. Maybe starting the people off in 3rd person mode and explaning to
    them that they need the Xtra for first-person mode, or doing like you said
    and putting the message up to explain that the Xtra is needed... hmmm... not
    sure yet.

    Thanks again!
    Steve

  7. #7

    Yep, Ghoulish Arts provided the Dropships.

    Steve

    "Karl Sigiscar" <karl.sigiscarlaposte.net> wrote in message
    > It was just my Matrox G550 having display settings problems under Windows
    > 98. I'm back to 25 FPS on my PIII 600E / 384 MB.
    >
    > Nice ship models added in the background (by Ghoulish Arts ?).
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Karl.

    steve Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: Re:Message for Agustín María Rodríguez

    Thanks for the compliments Buddy... About the trees - each tree contains 12
    polys. 4 for the trunk and 4 for the leaves. The trunk is just half of an
    8-sided cylinder with the top and bottom removed, and the leaves are just 4
    planes, angled 30 degrees apart from each other to give the impression of
    fullness. And a big texture (with an alpha transparency - textured in
    Plasma/Max) is applied to each plane. Hope your following me...

    On each frame (I have it set at 30 fps) I'm updating the rotation of the
    tree to face the camera. That is why I only need half a cylinder, and I only
    need to render one side of each plane.

    The remaining 4 polys are used for the proxy. I'm placing a proxy model
    around each tree for the collision detection.

    Steve

  9. #9

    Steve - I was also impressed with those trees and bushes - an almost
    identical version of the trees in Battlefield 1942 in that they rotate to
    face the camera... They make mine look childish by comparison and use a
    third of the polys! I think I may try your way myself :)

    Cheers,

    GP

    "steve" <sbecerraadelphia.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Thanks for the compliments Buddy... About the trees - each tree contains
    12
    > polys. 4 for the trunk and 4 for the leaves. The trunk is just half of an
    > 8-sided cylinder with the top and bottom removed, and the leaves are just
    4
    > planes, angled 30 degrees apart from each other to give the impression of
    > fullness. And a big texture (with an alpha transparency - textured in
    > Plasma/Max) is applied to each plane. Hope your following me...
    >
    > On each frame (I have it set at 30 fps) I'm updating the rotation of the
    > tree to face the camera. That is why I only need half a cylinder, and I
    only
    > need to render one side of each plane.
    >
    > The remaining 4 polys are used for the proxy. I'm placing a proxy model
    > around each tree for the collision detection.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > "BuddyNewbie" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Steve,
    > >
    > > Sorry to butt into your message to Agustin. I have to say, you have
    > something really good going. I tried the game, and it was really smooth. I
    > was really surprised given the amount of detail etc... Really good game!
    > Rainbow 6 and 1942, almost.
    > >
    > > But I want to ask... how did you do those trees? They look really really
    > good!... were the leaves textured in Max? How was it done? Think I may
    need
    > some trees of my own in the near future... hope you can help...

    Gianpiero Colagiacomo Guest

  10. #10

    Cool, glad I could help. I've never even played Battlefield 1942, gonna have
    to give it a try. Right now I'm playing Gohst Recon, pretty cool... but
    really waiting for Halo 2.

    Steve

  11. #11

    Steve -

    I agree with the rest, this game has come a long way. What about your AI? Anything you are willing to share about how you tell your avatars how to finally destroy the single player?

    And, any plans to make it possible to fly one of those drop ships out of there?

    Brad

    Maximum3D webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest