Professional Web Applications Themes

Method not found: System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString(). - ASP.NET General

I just recently started getting the above error on a page I am posting MULTIPART/FORM-DATA. We have SoftArtisans FileUp component and Filter installed on the server in question and up until a day or so ago everything was working fine. I honestly can't remember changing anything since it was last working. But I tried reinstalling the .Net Framework along w/ the service pack, which didn't work. I also had v1.1 already installed but I hadn't registered it (ASPNET_regiis.exe) so I did that as well since that was how my development machine is configured. The error only occurs for one page, ...

  1. #1

    Default Method not found: System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString().

    I just recently started getting the above error on a page I am posting
    MULTIPART/FORM-DATA. We have SoftArtisans FileUp component and Filter
    installed on the server in question and up until a day or so ago everything
    was working fine. I honestly can't remember changing anything since it was
    last working. But I tried reinstalling the .Net Framework along w/ the
    service pack, which didn't work. I also had v1.1 already installed but I
    hadn't registered it (ASPNET_regiis.exe) so I did that as well since that
    was how my development machine is configured. The error only occurs for one
    page, the others on the server are fine. The page in question works fine on
    my development machine. The page has the extension ".uplx" and is configured
    in IIS to be handled by the ASPNET isapi filter. Also, machine.config is
    configured as follows:

    <httpHandlers>
    <add verb="*" path="*.uplx"
    type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory" />
    <httpHandlers>

    The server in question is W2K Server SP3 running IIS 5.0 .Net Framework v1.0
    sp1, v1.1

    Here is the error page:
    //************************************************** ************************
    **********************************
    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Method not found: System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString().

    Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found:
    System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString().

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [MissingMethodException: Method not found:
    System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString().]
    Sportshuddle.Stats.AffiliateEntry.Stories.Upload_I mages.Page_Load(Object
    sender, EventArgs e) +0

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET
    Version:1.0.3705.288
    //************************************************** ************************
    **********************************

    I can't get the error page to show me the exact line that is causing the
    error but here is the code that is causing the error:

    //************************************************** ************************
    **********************************
    FileUp oFileUp = new FileUp(Context);
    DataTable dtImages = BuildDataTable();
    string sGalleryPath = Server.MapPath("/Images/Galleries");
    Guid gdGalleryID = new Guid(Request.QueryString["GalleryID"].ToString());
    hlViewGallery.NavigateUrl = "editimages.aspx?SessionID=" +
    Request.QueryString["SessionID"].ToString() +
    "&GalleryID=" + Request.QueryString["GalleryID"].ToString();
    //************************************************** ************************
    **********************************

    I have searched and I can't find anything about this error. Any help would
    be greatly appreciated.

    Mark Miller Guest

  2. #2

    Well, I ended up uninstalling EVERYTHING involved; FileUp 4.0.7, .NET
    Framework (v1.0 & v1.1), and IIS. Then reinstalled it in reverse order and
    that solved the problem. If anybody has any ideas why this happened I would
    appreciate it.

    //************************************************** ************************

    //************************************************** ************************
    > **********************************
    >
    > I can't get the error page to show me the exact line that is causing the
    > error but here is the code that is causing the error:

    //************************************************** ************************
    > **********************************
    > FileUp oFileUp = new FileUp(Context);
    > DataTable dtImages = BuildDataTable();
    > string sGalleryPath = Server.MapPath("/Images/Galleries");
    > Guid gdGalleryID = new Guid(Request.QueryString["GalleryID"].ToString());
    > hlViewGallery.NavigateUrl = "editimages.aspx?SessionID=" +
    > Request.QueryString["SessionID"].ToString() +
    > "&GalleryID=" + Request.QueryString["GalleryID"].ToString();

    > I have searched and I can't find anything about this error. Any help would
    > be greatly appreciated.

    Mark Miller Guest