Professional Web Applications Themes

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' - ASP

Hi, I have windows 2000 server with IIS and I program ASP. I use the string: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=basedatos.mdb;" to data base Access and it always works ok. But I installed the Panda BusinesSecure Antivirus and since then I have had a lot of problems. First, windows didn't start in normal way, I only could start in Security Mode, so I tried uninstall Panda Antivirus but in security mode I couldn't becouse in this mode the Windows Installer doesn't work. So I had to delete Panda Antivirus deleting the folder and the register entries. When finally I could start windows ...

  1. #1

    Default Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

    Hi, I have windows 2000 server with IIS and I program ASP.

    I use the string: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
    Source=basedatos.mdb;" to data base Access and it always works ok.

    But I installed the Panda BusinesSecure Antivirus and since then I have had
    a lot of problems.

    First, windows didn't start in normal way, I only could start in Security
    Mode, so I tried uninstall Panda Antivirus but in security mode I couldn't
    becouse in this mode the Windows Installer doesn't work. So I had to delete
    Panda Antivirus deleting the folder and the register entries.

    When finally I could start windows 2000 in normal way I realized that none
    of my ASP pages works acceding to database Access. All of them show the
    following error:

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

    I tried to re install Access and IIS again, I installed the SP3 for w2000
    server, JET 4.0 from Microsoft download pages. I revised permissions access
    to files and folders and I saw like before problems. All users, including
    Internet Users (IUSR_), have all permissions.

    I have other Visual Basic Programs that use the same string
    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=basedatos.mdb;" and it works,
    only in ASP / IIS is failing

    I have no idea how solve this problem. Can anyone Help Me before I re
    install all windows system, Please!!

    Thanks, and sorry for my english.

    Alex Vidal

    Alex Vidal Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/5003[/url]

    Ray at work

    "Alex Vidal" <alexvidal@teleline.es> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have windows 2000 server with IIS and I program ASP.
    >
    > I use the string: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
    > Source=basedatos.mdb;" to data base Access and it always works ok.
    >
    > But I installed the Panda BusinesSecure Antivirus and since then I have
    had
    > a lot of problems.
    >
    > First, windows didn't start in normal way, I only could start in Security
    > Mode, so I tried uninstall Panda Antivirus but in security mode I couldn't
    > becouse in this mode the Windows Installer doesn't work. So I had to
    delete
    > Panda Antivirus deleting the folder and the register entries.
    >
    > When finally I could start windows 2000 in normal way I realized that none
    > of my ASP pages works acceding to database Access. All of them show the
    > following error:
    >
    > Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    >
    > I tried to re install Access and IIS again, I installed the SP3 for w2000
    > server, JET 4.0 from Microsoft download pages. I revised permissions
    access
    > to files and folders and I saw like before problems. All users, including
    > Internet Users (IUSR_), have all permissions.
    >
    > I have other Visual Basic Programs that use the same string
    > "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=basedatos.mdb;" and it
    works,
    > only in ASP / IIS is failing
    >
    > I have no idea how solve this problem. Can anyone Help Me before I re
    > install all windows system, Please!!
    >

    > Thanks, and sorry for my english.
    >
    > Alex Vidal

    Ray at Guest

  3. #3

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:00:25 +0100, "Alex Vidal"
    <alexvidal@teleline.es> wrote:
    >Hi, I have windows 2000 server with IIS and I program ASP.
    >
    >I use the string: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
    >Source=basedatos.mdb;" to data base Access and it always works ok.
    >
    >But I installed the Panda BusinesSecure Antivirus and since then I have had
    >a lot of problems.
    Well, it would stand to reason that removing it would fix them.
    >First, windows didn't start in normal way, I only could start in Security
    >Mode, so I tried uninstall Panda Antivirus but in security mode I couldn't
    >becouse in this mode the Windows Installer doesn't work. So I had to delete
    >Panda Antivirus deleting the folder and the register entries.
    >
    >When finally I could start windows 2000 in normal way I realized that none
    >of my ASP pages works acceding to database Access. All of them show the
    >following error:
    >
    > Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    Common issue. So common, it's a FAQ:

    Why do I get database-related 80004005 errors?
    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009[/url]

    >I tried to re install Access and IIS again, I installed the SP3 for w2000
    >server, JET 4.0 from Microsoft download pages. I revised permissions access
    >to files and folders and I saw like before problems. All users, including
    >Internet Users (IUSR_), have all permissions.
    >
    >I have other Visual Basic Programs that use the same string
    >"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=basedatos.mdb;" and it works,
    >only in ASP / IIS is failing
    >
    >I have no idea how solve this problem. Can anyone Help Me before I re
    >install all windows system, Please!!
    Don't reinstall, fix the problem. Likely your AV fiasco changed a
    permission that just needs to be changed back.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran Guest