^ ______ :^) Claude [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => <150720031944058429%no@spam.invalid> <1fy9boc.alv1lfkvewq7N%per.ronne@invalid.dk> <170720031607556381%dogbreath@chaseabone.com.invalid> [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => claudel [ip] => claudel@bolt.so [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 9 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT! - Mac Applications & Software

Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT! - Mac Applications & Software

Keeper of the Purple Twilight: > Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I > think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual > PC so Macs can run it? ***** Consider yourself corrected. You are wrong. Now settle down. Besides, MSOffice runs quite nicely under Windows XP! Davoud -- usenet *at* davidillig dawt com...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight:
    > Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    > think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    > PC so Macs can run it?
    *****

    Consider yourself corrected. You are wrong. Now settle down. Besides,
    MSOffice runs quite nicely under Windows XP!

    Davoud

    --
    usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
    Davoud Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    In article <150720031944058429%nospam.invalid>, Keeper of the Purple
    Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    > [drivel deleted]
    Were you by any chance on the OJ Simpson jury?
    jemmy ducks Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    > Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    > think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    > PC so Macs can run it?
    No.

    --
    Jeremy | [email]jeremyexit109.com[/email]
    Jeremy Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    > Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    > think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    > PC so Macs can run it?
    Nothing on the MacNN page you cited indicates this to be the case. In
    addition to the current Office X suite, they're adding Virtual PC.
    > Weren't we all suspecting that M$ would do this?
    No.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight:
    > > > Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    > > > think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    > > > PC so Macs can run it?
    Davoud
    > > Consider yourself corrected. You are wrong.
    Keeper of the Purple Twilight:
    > Officially?
    Yes. Jesus!!
    > > Now settle down. Besides,
    > > MSOffice runs quite nicely under Windows XP!
    > That's not the point. Shouldn't we be able to run Office natively
    > under OSX?
    *Settle down!* The next MSOfice for Mac will run natively under OS X.

    Davoud

    --
    usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
    Davoud Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    > [url]http://www.macnn.com/news/20173[/url]
    >
    > Specifically, this quote: "The new 'Pro' version includes the standard
    > suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage, plus Virtual PC for
    > Mac version 6.1 with Windows XP Professional. There will be no academic
    > licensing available for Pro. "
    >
    > Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    > think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    > PC so Macs can run it? Weren't we all suspecting that M$ would do
    > this?
    >
    > And if it's not, then these sites should make that clearer. Although
    > I'm forced to wonder why Microsoft would make such a big issue out of
    > the fact that Virtual PC is packaged with it. There must be a REASON
    > that VPC has to be included....mustn't there?
    Office /Pro/ also contains the MS Accesss database ...
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    Per Rønne Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Per R?nne <per.ronneinvalid.dk> wrote:
    > Keeper of the Purple Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> [url]http://www.macnn.com/news/20173[/url]
    >>
    >> Specifically, this quote: "The new 'Pro' version includes the standard
    >> suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage, plus Virtual PC for
    >> Mac version 6.1 with Windows XP Professional. There will be no academic
    >> licensing available for Pro. "
    >>
    >> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    >> think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    >> PC so Macs can run it? Weren't we all suspecting that M$ would do
    >> this?
    >>
    >> And if it's not, then these sites should make that clearer. Although
    >> I'm forced to wonder why Microsoft would make such a big issue out of
    >> the fact that Virtual PC is packaged with it. There must be a REASON
    >> that VPC has to be included....mustn't there?
    >
    > Office /Pro/ also contains the MS Accesss database ...
    Microsoft does not make Access for the Mac. I doubt very highly this will
    ever change because of the market share that Filemaker Pro has on the Mac.

    Office Pro for Windows does include Access. But, this new deal is not for
    the Windows version of Office, but for the Mac version of Office.

    Jeff
    --
    Jeff Grossman (jeffstikman.com)

    Jeff Grossman Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    In article <bf78pb$fou$1apple.stikman.com>, Jeff Grossman
    <jeffstikman.com> wrote:
    > Per R?nne <per.ronneinvalid.dk> wrote:
    > > Keeper of the Purple Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    > >
    > >> [url]http://www.macnn.com/news/20173[/url]
    > >>
    > >> Specifically, this quote: "The new 'Pro' version includes the standard
    > >> suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage, plus Virtual PC for
    > >> Mac version 6.1 with Windows XP Professional. There will be no academic
    > >> licensing available for Pro. "
    > >>
    > >> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    > >> think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    > >> PC so Macs can run it? Weren't we all suspecting that M$ would do
    > >> this?
    > >>
    > >> And if it's not, then these sites should make that clearer. Although
    > >> I'm forced to wonder why Microsoft would make such a big issue out of
    > >> the fact that Virtual PC is packaged with it. There must be a REASON
    > >> that VPC has to be included....mustn't there?
    > >
    > > Office /Pro/ also contains the MS Accesss database ...
    >
    > Microsoft does not make Access for the Mac. I doubt very highly this will
    > ever change because of the market share that Filemaker Pro has on the Mac.
    >
    > Office Pro for Windows does include Access. But, this new deal is not for
    > the Windows version of Office, but for the Mac version of Office.
    >
    Yet another clue that this is for the Mac and not Windows version is
    that it specifically includes Entourage, which doesn't exist on the
    Windows side.

    VPC being included could be for as simple a reason as to make it
    "easier" for MS to sell some of its Windows-only products to Mac users.

    --
    Spenser
    sbt Guest

  9. #9

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    In article <170720031607556381%dogbreathchaseabone.com.inval id>,
    sbt <dogbreathchaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:
    >In article <bf78pb$fou$1apple.stikman.com>, Jeff Grossman
    ><jeffstikman.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Per R?nne <per.ronneinvalid.dk> wrote:
    >> > Keeper of the Purple Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> [url]http://www.macnn.com/news/20173[/url]
    >> >>
    >> >> Specifically, this quote: "The new 'Pro' version includes the standard
    >> >> suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage, plus Virtual PC for
    >> >> Mac version 6.1 with Windows XP Professional. There will be no academic
    >> >> licensing available for Pro. "
    >> >>
    >> >> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    >> >> think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    >> >> PC so Macs can run it? Weren't we all suspecting that M$ would do
    >> >> this?
    >> >>
    >> >> And if it's not, then these sites should make that clearer. Although
    >> >> I'm forced to wonder why Microsoft would make such a big issue out of
    >> >> the fact that Virtual PC is packaged with it. There must be a REASON
    >> >> that VPC has to be included....mustn't there?
    >> >
    >> > Office /Pro/ also contains the MS Accesss database ...
    >>
    >> Microsoft does not make Access for the Mac. I doubt very highly this will
    >> ever change because of the market share that Filemaker Pro has on the Mac.
    >>
    >> Office Pro for Windows does include Access. But, this new deal is not for
    >> the Windows version of Office, but for the Mac version of Office.
    >>
    >
    >Yet another clue that this is for the Mac and not Windows version is
    >that it specifically includes Entourage, which doesn't exist on the
    >Windows side.
    >
    >VPC being included could be for as simple a reason as to make it
    >"easier" for MS to sell some of its Windows-only products to Mac users.
    >
    >--
    >Spenser


    So, when I hit

    [url]http://microsoft.com/mac/officex/default.asp[/url]

    to check in on this subject using latest Safari.

    I get a blank white page with the following text:

    Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

    Expected statement

    /mac/officex/default.asp, line 1
    --Toolbar_Exempt-->
    ^



    ______


    :^)

    Claude


    claudel Guest

  10. #10

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    sbt <dogbreathchaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:
    > In article <bf78pb$fou$1apple.stikman.com>, Jeff Grossman
    > <jeffstikman.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Per R?nne <per.ronneinvalid.dk> wrote:
    > > > Keeper of the Purple Twilight <nospam.invalid> wrote:
    > > >
    > > >> [url]http://www.macnn.com/news/20173[/url]
    > > >>
    > > >> Specifically, this quote: "The new 'Pro' version includes the standard
    > > >> suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage, plus Virtual PC for
    > > >> Mac version 6.1 with Windows XP Professional. There will be no academic
    > > >> licensing available for Pro. "
    > > >>
    > > >> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this 'Professional' version what I
    > > >> think it is? Meaning, the WINDOWS version, but packaged with Virtual
    > > >> PC so Macs can run it? Weren't we all suspecting that M$ would do
    > > >> this?
    > > >>
    > > >> And if it's not, then these sites should make that clearer. Although
    > > >> I'm forced to wonder why Microsoft would make such a big issue out of
    > > >> the fact that Virtual PC is packaged with it. There must be a REASON
    > > >> that VPC has to be included....mustn't there?
    > > >
    > > > Office /Pro/ also contains the MS Accesss database ...
    > >
    > > Microsoft does not make Access for the Mac. I doubt very highly this will
    > > ever change because of the market share that Filemaker Pro has on the Mac.
    > >
    > > Office Pro for Windows does include Access. But, this new deal is not for
    > > the Windows version of Office, but for the Mac version of Office.
    > >
    >
    > Yet another clue that this is for the Mac and not Windows version is
    > that it specifically includes Entourage, which doesn't exist on the
    > Windows side.
    >
    > VPC being included could be for as simple a reason as to make it
    > "easier" for MS to sell some of its Windows-only products to Mac users.
    Well, the OP is off base. Could you imagine trying to sell Office for
    Windows for hundreds of bucks to Mac users by throwing in a "free" VPC.
    Go over like a lead zeppelin. On the other hand, it's almost impossible
    to be too paranoid concerning M$. Why buy the product and then give it
    "for free" in Office? Wouldn't raise their Mac Office sales one
    percent.

    --
    Paul Fuchs
    paulfuchs-at-attglobal-dot-net
    Sitting on a small rock (St. John) in the Caribbean
    Paul Fuchs Guest

  11. #11

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Paul Fuchs <paulfuchsporkaintkosher.oink> wrote:
    > Why buy the product and then give it
    > "for free" in Office? Wouldn't raise their Mac Office sales one
    > percent.
    Well, I don't recall having seen the price for Office X Pro. Does
    anyone know how it compares to the current Office X?

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  12. #12

    Default Re: Microsoft, VPC, and Office: I KNEW IT!

    Jeff Grossman <jeffstikman.com> wrote:
    > > Office /Pro/ also contains the MS Accesss database ...
    >
    > Microsoft does not make Access for the Mac.
    I know. My reply was based on the assumption that it was an Office
    package intended to run on VPC - as the original poster thought.
    > I doubt very highly this will ever change because of the market share that
    > Filemaker Pro has on the Mac.
    Though we've got other databases too. 4D, PostgreSQL [a proper tool for
    making proper user interfaces is missing, though] - and very soon Oracle
    [beta 2 version can be downloaded for developers].

    Of course both PostgreSQL and Oracle are for UNIX ...
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    Per Rønne Guest

Similar Threads

  1. Microsoft Office and PDF Maker
    By Macman17@adobeforums.com in forum Adobe Acrobat Macintosh
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 20th, 02:42 PM
  2. Microsoft office 2002 and Adobe 6.0
    By Amy_Walker@adobeforums.com in forum Adobe Acrobat Windows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 8th, 08:26 PM
  3. Microsoft Office Web Components
    By Greg Griffiths in forum ASP Database
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 11th, 11:39 PM
  4. Microsoft Mail Post Office
    By Josh in forum Windows Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 14th, 01:29 PM
  5. windows xp and microsoft office
    By rob in forum Windows XP/2000/ME
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 5th, 10:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •