Professional Web Applications Themes

Migrating site to new server - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

At our institution we are moving our Web servers to new equipment. The URLs will be the same, but the backend local network connection string will be different. In my testing, it appears that the Roles will be deleted when I edit the connection to update the network path. When editing the connection, I get a message that says: "The files at [url]http://...mysiteaddress[/url]... appear to have been recently moved from another location, because the website's administrative settings are associated with the following addresses only: [list follows] To continue connecting to your website, you must repair or remove its administrative settings." ...

  1. #1

    Default Migrating site to new server

    At our institution we are moving our Web servers to new equipment. The URLs
    will be the same, but the backend local network connection string will be
    different. In my testing, it appears that the Roles will be deleted when I edit
    the connection to update the network path.

    When editing the connection, I get a message that says: "The files at
    [url]http://...mysiteaddress[/url]... appear to have been recently moved from another
    location, because the website's administrative settings are associated with the
    following addresses only: [list follows] To continue connecting to your
    website, you must repair or remove its administrative settings."

    Following this message there is a checkbox labeled: "Remove the administrative
    settings for your website and continue connecting," with an OK button. The only
    choice is therefore to remove the settings, not repair them. Clicking OK
    without checking the Remove checkbox brings the dialog back again almost
    immediately. You can only progress by checking Remove and then clicking OK.

    Does anyone know if there's a way to migrate the site to a new network path
    and/or a new web address and keep the administrative settings? I know that
    obviously I would have to send out new connection keys to the users, but it
    would be nice not to have to recreate the Roles!

    We're having a similar problem with Contribute Publishing Services, but I'll
    ask that question in the appropriate forum.

    John

    whytwolfasu Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Migrating site to new server

    Try directly editing the cthub file in the _mm directory on your site. All your administration and roles info is kept in that file.
    christina.heikkila Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for your feedback. I just looked at the file you mentioned and it looks
    like I could figure it out. However, this will only work for
    non-CPS-administered sites. CPS-administered sites store the role, user and
    permission info on the CPS server, to which we don't have access. You
    information will help us migrate our non-CPS sites though. Thanks again.

    John

    whytwolfasu Guest