Professional Web Applications Themes

MIME plug in for Safari? - Mac Applications & Software

I have one web site (a banking site) that keeps popping up the following message: "This page has content of MIME type. You do not have a plug-in installed for this MIME type so this content cannot be displayed." Actually, everything I want to see *is* displayed but it's kind of annoying to have to dismiss the popup message three or four times every time I call up a new page on the site. Is there some plug-in I can, well, plug in to make this site happy and, if so, how/where do I find it? The page doesn't give ...

  1. #1

    Default MIME plug in for Safari?

    I have one web site (a banking site) that keeps popping up the
    following message: "This page has content of MIME type. You do not have
    a plug-in installed for this MIME type so this content cannot be
    displayed."
    Actually, everything I want to see *is* displayed but it's kind of
    annoying to have to dismiss the popup message three or four times every
    time I call up a new page on the site.
    Is there some plug-in I can, well, plug in to make this site happy
    and, if so, how/where do I find it? The page doesn't give me any obvious
    clue what this MIME type is called.
    I have "enable plug-ins" checked on in the preferences. All the
    standard plug-ins that came with Safari are in the "Installed Plug-ins"
    list.
    Thanks for any help

    --
    ads123
    ads123 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MIME plug in for Safari?

    In article <newsguy.com>,
    ads123 <invalid> wrote:

    :> I have one web site (a banking site) that keeps popping up the
    :> following message: "This page has content of MIME type. You do not have
    :> a plug-in installed for this MIME type so this content cannot be
    :> displayed."
    :> Actually, everything I want to see *is* displayed but it's kind of
    :> annoying to have to dismiss the popup message three or four times every
    :> time I call up a new page on the site.
    :> Is there some plug-in I can, well, plug in to make this site happy
    :> and, if so, how/where do I find it? The page doesn't give me any obvious
    :> clue what this MIME type is called.
    :> I have "enable plug-ins" checked on in the preferences. All the
    :> standard plug-ins that came with Safari are in the "Installed Plug-ins"
    :> list.
    :> Thanks for any help

    MIME isn't a type -- it's a whole group of things. That message should
    be telling you a "specific" MIME type, such as "application/binary" or
    something. It's indicating that you don't have a plug-in for whatever
    particular MIME type it's trying to send you.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama

  3. #3

    In article <supernews.com>,
    "Steve W. Jackson" <net> wrote:

    Well, the sum total of the message is what I previously posted. It
    gives no further clues. I guess I'll have to contact the people who
    manage the web site to see if they can tell me what I need. I'll
    probably get the "it doesn't work on a Mac" dodge.

    --
    ads123
    ads123 Guest

  4. #4

    In article <newsguy.com>,
    ads123 <invalid> wrote:

    > Well, the sum total of the message is what I previously posted. It
    > gives no further clues. I guess I'll have to contact the people who
    > manage the web site to see if they can tell me what I need. I'll
    > probably get the "it doesn't work on a Mac" dodge.[/ref]

    I get the same pop-up at a forums pages ... no clue what it is !

    --
    Joakim Wendel
    Remove obvious mail JUNK block for mail reply.

    My homepage : http://violinist.nu
    Joakim Guest

  5. #5

    In article <newsguy.com>,
    ads123 <invalid> wrote:

    :> In article <supernews.com>,
    :> "Steve W. Jackson" <net> wrote:
    :>
    :> > MIME isn't a type -- it's a whole group of things. That message should
    :> > be telling you a "specific" MIME type, such as "application/binary" or
    :> > something. It's indicating that you don't have a plug-in for whatever
    :> > particular MIME type it's trying to send you.
    :>
    :> Well, the sum total of the message is what I previously posted. It
    :> gives no further clues. I guess I'll have to contact the people who
    :> manage the web site to see if they can tell me what I need. I'll
    :> probably get the "it doesn't work on a Mac" dodge.

    Which just plain s, doesn't it?

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson