Professional Web Applications Themes

missing export kernel32.dll error - Macromedia Flash Player

I have been using Flash Player with quite a few problems. I uninstalled it per Adobe's recommendation. Then when I tried to reinstall I received this error: the download.exe file is linked to missing export kernel32.dll:verifyversioninfoa. Anyone receive this error? Any ideas? After reading a post here, I went to hilton's website and an express version of Flash Player was automatically installed. This seems to have fixed my problem, temporarily. But I know better...something is going very wrong!...

  1. #1

    Default missing export kernel32.dll error

    I have been using Flash Player with quite a few problems. I uninstalled it per
    Adobe's recommendation. Then when I tried to reinstall I received this error:
    the download.exe file is linked to missing export
    kernel32.dll:verifyversioninfoa. Anyone receive this error? Any ideas? After
    reading a post here, I went to hilton's website and an express version of Flash
    Player was automatically installed. This seems to have fixed my problem,
    temporarily. But I know better...something is going very wrong!

    evogts Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: missing export kernel32.dll error

    So I had to read this about 8 times...

    You crashed when running the installer? Or when downloading the installer? Can you make this a bit more clear for us?
    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  3. #3

    I am sorry if I confused you. My children frequently visit a site which
    requires Flash Player. During the time they are on this site, it most always
    crashes with an error message referring to flash9.ocx (or something like that).
    In an effort to stop all the crashes I thought I should uninstall Flash Player
    and then reinstall it. So, I followed the directions on this site, and when it
    came time to download it from your site it gave me the error message: the
    download.exe file is linked to missing export kernel32.dll: verifyversioninfoA.
    As I stated, I read through several posts regarding this topic, and one of the
    posters had said they went to [url]www.hilton.com[/url] and an automatic flash player was
    installed. So, I thought I'd try it, and it worked. Now, the site my children
    visit works again, but I'm still getting many errors. (However, not all
    related to Flash Player, that I know of.) Does this make sense, or have I
    confused the issue even further?

    evogts Guest

  4. #4

    That makes it more clear, thanks.

    I've never seen that installer error before. So I did some digging and found
    a bug that seems to match. You wouldn't happen to be running Win98 would you?

    Also any chance this problem occurred early last month? What I read indicates
    we fixed it, so if the fix isn't working I want to know...

    (202898 for Darren's reference...)

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  5. #5

    Yes, I am running Windows 98. Crazy, I know...
    evogts Guest

  6. #6

    Oh, and no, this particular "missing kernel error" did not occur earlier last month. I have had many "flash9c.ocx" errors for the past several months, though.
    evogts Guest

  7. #7

    Hi,
    I happen to have W-ME and got this same message today...
    Hope there is a clue...

    Fret-at-home Guest

  8. #8

    Hmmm. According to my info it was a problem with the download bits that was
    fixed last month.

    The problem has something to do with the behind-the-scene tools that do the
    downloading of the Flash Player and it's tie to the Google toolbar.

    So what probably fixed it was going through the same system, but in a way that
    didn't include the Google toolbar (which could have been triggered by a 3rd
    party express install, sure...)

    Now, "crashes with an error message referring to flash9.ocx " is a different
    issue. We know there's some kind of crashing problem. But we haven't found the
    right way to reproduce it yet. You can find instructions for generating a
    Flash Player crash log in other threads, please set that up. If you get a crash
    log please open a support web case! ([url]http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer[/url])

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  9. #9

    I too run Windows 98. I tried to download Flash Player from
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/[/url] and got the message that a
    file is missing that is required for this download: export,
    KERNEL32.DLL:VerifyVersionInfoA. I tried the previous posters advice and went
    to [url]www.hilton.com[/url] to get that automatic flash player install, instead my
    browser crashed with a message that it had performed an illegal operation in
    FLASH9C.OCX.

    How do I download Flash Player?

    When I go to the adobe download page with firefox it crashes the second I
    enter the download page even without clicking on anything. The attempts
    described above happened when using Explorer.

    Bobster3 Guest

  10. #10

    DOWNLOAD.EXE file linked to missing export KERNEL32.dll VerfiyVersionInfoA

    I'm running Windows ME and this has been going on for weeks.
    cobraxus Guest

  11. #11

    I'm attempting to update Flash on my Win98se.

    I also get the following:

    missing export KERNEL32.DLL:VerifyVersionInfoA

    The installation is apparently interrupted with that message.

    I had not attemped, prior to this effort, to uninstall the previous version,
    as I never have done so with past updates.
    Was I supposed to?

    Does it appear that this 'bug' is common to Win98?

    Opey

    Opeysheart Guest

  12. #12

    I was reinstalling Windows 98se on a clients machine after a hard drive
    failure/replacement when I had the same error. The client had requested that I
    reinstall Adobe Reader, Flash Player and the the Google tool bar while I was
    installing recovered files. Since I was familiar with the Google tool bar being
    an option when downloading and installing Adobe Reader I went ahead and
    installed both. Then when I attempted to install Flash Player I received the
    Kernel32.dll error. After reading Bentley Wolfe's post from 5/07, I
    uninstalled the google tool bar then attempted to install Flash again - which
    was successful. I then reinstalled the Google tool bar and ran the Flash
    installer again and got the Kernel32.dll message again. Until a permanent fix
    becomes available it appears that one workaround for pre-NT operating systems
    is to temporarily uninstall the Google tool bar while installing/updating
    Flash. I visited several web sites which contained Flash interactives after
    reinstalling the Google tool bar and the player performed normally; so the
    conflict appears to be limited to the install process and not to actual
    operation.

    I hope this can be of some assistance - Charlie

    MCSECharlieG Guest

  13. #13

    ALL...

    I"ve been working with Engineering to understand this..

    What's supposed to happen is this.. Because Google toolbar doesn't run on
    Win98, your OS is supposed to be detected by the logic on the Product Download
    Center. If it detects Win98 then it's supposed to not offer you the Google
    toolbar..

    But if it fails to detect your OS correctly, then the Google Toolbar tries to
    find kernel32.dll so that it can launch it's internal download.exe in order to
    be installed. Which doesn't work on Win98, causing your problems.

    So the team is trying to find out which specific versions of Win98 each of you
    has. Can you reply back with that information?

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  14. #14

    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; MSN 9.0;MSN 9.1; MSNbMSNI;
    MSNmen-us; MSNcIA)

    I also get the missing export kernel32.dllverifyversioninfoa message when
    trying to install Flash Player.
    As you requested, I am forwarding the information above.
    Thanks
    RxVol

    rxvol Guest

  15. #15

    I also get the kernel32.dll error message while trying to download and install
    Flash.
    I have Win 98SE. Also have the Google tool bar installed.

    This is the info you requested:

    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)

    Bob O. Guest

  16. #16

    I was having the same win98 problem with the kernel32 error trying to install
    flash 9. I tried the hilton site with no luck so I tried the flash 9 demo link
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/features/[/url] and the link
    required me to do an "express install" to see the demo. The express install
    worked fine and I've used the flash several times on different web applications
    without problems.

    boiler66 Guest

  17. #17

    I have the kernel32 error with Windows ME. What is the solution?
    bridgefan Guest

  18. #18

    Here's my info. Hope it helps.

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: boiler66
    I was having the same win98 problem with the kernel32 error trying to install
    flash 9. I tried the hilton site with no luck so I tried the flash 9 demo link
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/features/[/url] and the link
    required me to do an "express install" to see the demo. The express install
    worked fine and I've used the flash several times on different web applications
    without problems.[/q]
    Thanks boiler66! It worked for me also!

    Bob O. Guest

  20. #20

    Thanks for suggested solutions but they don't work for me.

    I have uninstalled flash player and reinstalled. I am told that it is
    installed successfully but web sites that require it do not recognise it and
    offer me a download - which has no effect whatsoever. The site still doesn't
    recognise it and I'm back to square one. I use Windows ME and AOL.

    All very frustrating. So what to do?

    bridgefan Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast