Professional Web Applications Themes

Missing wa_memento.htm File On Startup - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

Hello everyone my first post hope you can shed some light, I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and on starting up Dreamweaver I am getting the following windows message: "Unable to find WA_memento.htm in the configuration/floaters directory. The floater will not be shown". I had just removed a Web Assist Paypal extension with the Extension Manager which crashed dreamwaever. I couln't then start the program. After a reboot Dreamwaever launces fine except for this message. Is this related? Have searched support and help with no luck. I can use Dreamwaever normally aside from this, however I am worried it may cause further ...

  1. #1

    Default Missing wa_memento.htm File On Startup

    Hello everyone my first post hope you can shed some light,

    I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and on starting up Dreamweaver I am getting the
    following windows message:

    "Unable to find WA_memento.htm in the configuration/floaters directory. The
    floater will not be shown".

    I had just removed a Web Assist Paypal extension with the Extension Manager
    which crashed dreamwaever. I couln't then start the program. After a reboot
    Dreamwaever launces fine except for this message. Is this related?

    Have searched support and help with no luck. I can use Dreamwaever normally
    aside from this, however I am worried it may cause further problems.

    Hoping someone can help,
    Mig

    mig@m1guel.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Missing wa_memento.htm File On Startup

    [email]migm1guel.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hello everyone my first post hope you can shed some light,
    >
    > I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and on starting up Dreamweaver I am getting the
    > following windows message:
    >
    > "Unable to find WA_memento.htm in the configuration/floaters directory. The
    > floater will not be shown".
    >
    > I had just removed a Web Assist Paypal extension with the Extension Manager
    > which crashed dreamwaever. I couln't then start the program. After a reboot
    > Dreamwaever launces fine except for this message. Is this related?
    FYI: You can get free support for WebAssist extensions, either through the user to user forums:
    [url]http://webassist.com:8119/[/url]
    or via submitting a free support incident:
    [url]http://www.webassist.com/professional/mywebassist/supporthistory.asp[/url]

    You should only uninstall extensions with Dreamweaver closed, that prevents many issues. One thing to try would be to re-install the extension, then start Dreamweaver, close Dreamweaver, then uninstall the extension.

    Please note that this message is likely to occur once after uninstalling any extension that has a floating panel that is part of the extension. I do know that recent updates to WebAssist extensions do include the Memento panel. If the message continues to occur on *every* start up, not just the first restart after the uninstall, then what is happening is that Extension Manager did not properly remove a reference to the floating panel from your workspace. Not sure why this occurs, but it may be due to uninstalling with Dreamweaver still open..

    One thing to try would be to reset the workspace. With Dreamweaver open, in the upper right there is a drop list that shows the current workspace layout name. For me it is Designer. Open the drop list and select "Reset Designer" (or whatever your current workspace is named). Then restart Dreamweaver a couple of times to see if the alert goes away. If it does, you fine, stop reading now.

    If not, continue on....with Dreamweaver *closed* go to your user configuration folder. For CS4 see this page for it's location:
    [url]http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamweaver/10.0_Extending/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d117f508c8de-7fdb.html[/url]

    Please note, the user folders are by default hidden ( at least on Windows) so you may need to turn on the view hidden files feature in your file browser.

    Move into the "Workspace" folder within your user folder. Delete the {workspace name}.XML file. For me, it's Designer.XML. Also you can open up current.txt file to see what the currently used workspace file name is. This will reset the workspace to its default settings, and you'll need to move the panels around to any custom setup you have made.

    Note: if you do not have Dreamweaver closed when you remove this file, then none of the changes will "stick" as DW will re-write out the XML file with the incorrect info in it.

    --
    Danilo Celic
    | [url]http://blog.extensioneering.com/[/url]
    | WebAssist Extensioneer
    | Adobe Community Expert
    danilocelic AdobeCommunityExpert Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the help Danilo,

    My bad I'm pretty sure I made the error of uninstalling the extension with
    dreamwaever open.

    Followed your instructions: installed the extension again; started
    dreamwaever; reset the reset the workspaces; closed dreamweaver and then
    unistalled the extension).

    Perfect: no pop up on start-up.

    Thanks again for the help!

    Cheers,