Professional Web Applications Themes

MM_findObj.js error - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Every time I use DW MX I get an MM-find.Obj.js error 3 message. I OK it and everything appears to work fine, but it would appear something is wrong. This is happening on every site, even the simplist that use no Java whatsoever. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default MM_findObj.js error

    Every time I use DW MX I get an MM-find.Obj.js error 3 message. I OK it and
    everything appears to work fine, but it would appear something is wrong.

    This is happening on every site, even the simplist that use no Java
    whatsoever.

    Thanks

    TinMan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MM_findObj.js error

    Tin:

    Please give me the steps that cause this error to appear.

    For what it's worth, it's javascript, not Java. These two are as different
    as VBScript and VB are.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "TinMan" <com> wrote in message
    and

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Murray,

    Where would I be without you?

    I say every time, but it would figure it's not doing it every time NOW. But
    I can "make it" do it. When I open an existing page or start a new one and
    click on the "+" to add a behavior, it pops up. I see nothing peculiar
    happening beyond that and don't ever remember using any such JavaScript (I
    knew that, I just failed to enunciate it, but thanks) on any of my sites.
    This is happening on all of my sites as I recall. It's just annoying me on
    the current one that has a lot of behaviors. Once I "OK" it, it goes away
    for the rest of the session. It will pop up again then next time I start DW.

    Tin
    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message
    different
    > and
    >
    >[/ref]

    TinMan Guest

  4. #4

    Tin:

    In jail, no doubt! 8)

    Then this probably means that you have installed a non-DMX compatible
    extension. What extensiond do you have installed?

    The MM_findObj script is required for any behavior you apply to the page.
    It's the way that the MM protects you from the stupid "oh, I forgot to
    upload that image" javascript error. Anytime you do anything in javascript
    to any page element, this function is called to make sure that the page
    element is actually on the page.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

    "TinMan" <com> wrote in message
    But
    DW.
    > different [/ref]
    GET [/ref][/ref]
    it [/ref][/ref]
    wrong.

    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    I don't know about jail. Perhaps on the edge of a very high bridge, but I
    run the jail, so they'd throw me out if I went in the wrong door. (:-)

    What extensions? Hmmmmmm I've got a ton and some of them I carried over from
    DW 4. I'll look through and see if I can find a culprit. Is there an easy
    way to spot one that is incompatible?

    > In jail, no doubt! 8)

    > Then this probably means that you have installed a non-DMX compatible
    > extension. What extensiond do you have installed?

    > The MM_findObj script is required for any behavior you apply to the page.
    > It's the way that the MM protects you from the stupid "oh, I forgot to
    > upload that image" javascript error. Anytime you do anything in[/ref]
    javascript
    > But [/ref]
    and [/ref]
    (I [/ref]
    sites. [/ref]
    on [/ref]
    away
    > DW.
    > > different [/ref]
    > GET [/ref]
    > it [/ref]
    > wrong.
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    TinMan Guest

  6. #6

    Tin:

    An easy way? Sadly no. There's not even a difficult way.

    Each extension will need to be individually checked for version number and
    DMX compatibility.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

    "TinMan" <com> wrote in message
    from

    > > In jail, no doubt! 8)
    > >

    > > Then this probably means that you have installed a non-DMX compatible
    > > extension. What extensiond do you have installed?
    > >

    > > The MM_findObj script is required for any behavior you apply to the[/ref][/ref]
    page.
    > javascript [/ref]
    GET [/ref][/ref]
    NOW. [/ref]
    > and [/ref][/ref]
    JavaScript [/ref]
    > sites. [/ref][/ref]
    me [/ref]
    > away [/ref][/ref]
    start [/ref][/ref]
    TO [/ref][/ref]
    Technotes [/ref][/ref]
    OK
    > > wrong. [/ref][/ref]
    Java

    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  7. #7

    On 09 Aug 2003 in macromedia.dreamweaver, Murray *TMM* wrote:

    Speaking of versions - check on the pages and see that MM_FindObj is
    version 4.01. Any earlier version breaks in some versions of some
    browsers.

    --
    Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
    http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

  8. #8

    Ok. I found it. Figures - it was some little PopUp Message extension I was
    using on the kid's soccer team site. It's always the freebies that get you.

    Now, as for the other message in the thread. Is this script not supposed to
    be a part of MX? Did I inherit it as well, or is simply that the extension
    was looking for it and couldn't find it so it errored, which is what I'm
    guessing and that somehow, oddly, I'm set up correctly (my wife will never
    buy that).

    Thanks. I'll go find some other bridge somewhere.

    Tin

    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message
    news:bh37a1$8d7$macromedia.com... [/ref]

    > from [/ref]
    easy [/ref]
    > page.
    > > javascript [/ref][/ref]
    page [/ref]
    > GET [/ref]
    > NOW. [/ref][/ref]
    one [/ref][/ref]
    peculiar [/ref]
    > JavaScript
    > > sites. [/ref]
    > me
    > > away [/ref]
    > start [/ref]
    > TO [/ref]
    > Technotes [/ref][/ref]
    I [/ref][/ref]
    is [/ref]
    > Java
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    TinMan Guest

  9. #9

    Tin:

    MM_findObj is certainly a part of DMX as it has been a part of every DW
    since 1.0 (I think). But it have been tweaked in DMX from the previous
    version. When you use DMX to open a page that contains an older version of
    the code, DMX will update it for you.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

    "TinMan" <com> wrote in message
    you.
    to [/ref]
    and [/ref]
    GET [/ref][/ref]
    but [/ref][/ref]
    over [/ref]
    > easy [/ref][/ref]
    compatible
    > > page. [/ref][/ref]
    to [/ref]
    > page [/ref][/ref]
    TO [/ref][/ref]
    Technotes
    > > NOW. [/ref]
    > one [/ref]
    > peculiar
    > > JavaScript [/ref][/ref]
    annoying [/ref][/ref]
    goes
    > > start [/ref][/ref]
    as [/ref][/ref]
    WAY
    > > Technotes [/ref][/ref]
    message. [/ref]
    > is
    > > Java
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks for all. I'm sure I'll be back with a new issue.

    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message
    of [/ref]
    was
    > you.