anyone else failing to get a simple mms.cfg that disables AutoUpdate to
work? I've found conflicting doentation on the Macromedia
website... one doc says it belongs in %SYS32%, the other
%sys32%\MacroMed\Flash. One says it must be UTF-8 encoded, the other
says Notepad is fine...

So, what's the deal? I've deployed it several times to test machines
and each time it checks the xml file at fpdownload.macromedia.com for a
version. I've even deployed the .cfg file with an alternate
AutoUpdateVersionUrl string to no avail.

At this point, I've had to request our network team to deny the URL at
fpdownload.macromedia.com that hosts the version.xml file. I figure if
our 10,000 clients can't read the file, they won't know if they need to
update.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mark