Professional Web Applications Themes

Modal Dialog Popup from WebControl - What is wrong with this... - ASP.NET Data Grid Control

[url]http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2257[/url] "Jim Mitchell" <jim_mitchellmindspring.com> wrote in message news:O1IsptMUDHA.612TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I saw several posts asking for popups from web controls. The standard > answer is that once rendered, the server no longer has control. I had some > success with the following and I was curious if I have broken any rules. > > Add this line to the load_page event.... > > Response.Write("<script language=javascript>function CallSub(passed_value) > {temp=showModalDialog('http://www.cnn.com?PVAL' + passed_value)}</script>") > > In your datagrid, set the following fields for a linkbutton...... > > URL: javascript :CallSub() > URL FIELD: ID ...... id is the record id > URL FORMAT STRING: ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Modal Dialog Popup from WebControl - What is wrong with this...

    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2257[/url]

    "Jim Mitchell" <jim_mitchellmindspring.com> wrote in message
    > I saw several posts asking for popups from web controls. The standard
    > answer is that once rendered, the server no longer has control. I had
    some
    > success with the following and I was curious if I have broken any rules.
    >
    > Add this line to the load_page event....
    >
    > Response.Write("<script language=javascript>function CallSub(passed_value)
    > {temp=showModalDialog('http://www.cnn.com?PVAL' +
    passed_value)}</script>")

    > In your datagrid, set the following fields for a linkbutton......

    > URL FIELD: ID ...... id is the record id
    > URL FORMAT STRING: javascript:CallSub({0})
    >
    > The result seems to be a server side control that calls a popup. The
    popup
    > could call an HTTPPOST to write data to the database before closing the
    > window.
    >
    > Any reason why this should not or would not work? So far it seems to work
    > for me.

    Bob Lehmann Guest

  2. #2

    "Jim Mitchell" <jim_mitchellmindspring.com> wrote in
    > I saw several posts asking for popups from web controls. The standard
    > answer is that once rendered, the server no longer has control. I had
    > some success with the following and I was curious if I have broken any
    > rules.
    >
    > Add this line to the load_page event....
    >
    > Response.Write("<script language=javascript>function
    > CallSub(passed_value) {temp=showModalDialog('http://www.cnn.com?PVAL'
    > + passed_value)}</script>")
    >
    > In your datagrid, set the following fields for a linkbutton......

    > URL FIELD: ID ...... id is the record
    > id URL FORMAT STRING: javascript:CallSub({0})
    >
    > The result seems to be a server side control that calls a popup. The
    > popup could call an HTTPPOST to write data to the database before
    > closing the window.
    >
    > Any reason why this should not or would not work? So far it seems to
    > work for me.

    Before posting, please fix your computers date. It's not really August 22
    there is it?

    --
    If you don't like lunchmeat, please remove it from my e-mail address to
    send me an e-mail

  3. #3

    People who set their date to a future date so that their message will stay
    at the top of the thread should have to find their own answers.

    "Jim Mitchell" <jim_mitchellmindspring.com> wrote in message
    > I saw several posts asking for popups from web controls. The standard
    > answer is that once rendered, the server no longer has control. I had
    some
    > success with the following and I was curious if I have broken any rules.
    >
    > Add this line to the load_page event....
    >
    > Response.Write("<script language=javascript>function CallSub(passed_value)
    > {temp=showModalDialog('http://www.cnn.com?PVAL' +
    passed_value)}</script>")

    > In your datagrid, set the following fields for a linkbutton......

    > URL FIELD: ID ...... id is the record id
    > URL FORMAT STRING: javascript:CallSub({0})
    >
    > The result seems to be a server side control that calls a popup. The
    popup
    > could call an HTTPPOST to write data to the database before closing the
    > window.
    >
    > Any reason why this should not or would not work? So far it seems to work
    > for me.

    Scott M. Guest

  4. #4

    I too often use my date and time as a calendar and then just click OK at the
    end of the day. Sorry. You would think Microsoft could purge the
    newsgroup?

    "Scott M." <s-marBADSPAMsnet.net> wrote in message
    > People who set their date to a future date so that their message will stay
    > at the top of the thread should have to find their own answers.
    >
    > "Jim Mitchell" <jim_mitchellmindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > I saw several posts asking for popups from web controls. The standard
    > > answer is that once rendered, the server no longer has control. I had
    > some
    > > success with the following and I was curious if I have broken any rules.
    > >
    > > Add this line to the load_page event....
    > >
    > > Response.Write("<script language=javascript>function
    CallSub(passed_value)
    > > {temp=showModalDialog('http://www.cnn.com?PVAL' +
    > passed_value)}</script>")
    > >
    > > In your datagrid, set the following fields for a linkbutton......

    > > URL FIELD: ID ...... id is the record id
    > > URL FORMAT STRING: javascript:CallSub({0})
    > >
    > > The result seems to be a server side control that calls a popup. The
    > popup
    > > could call an HTTPPOST to write data to the database before closing the
    > > window.
    > >
    > > Any reason why this should not or would not work? So far it seems to
    work
    > > for me.

    Jim Mitchell Guest