Professional Web Applications Themes

model showing in 3d editor but not in castmember model list - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi all, Ok this is a little odd... I have 3d cast member from which I'm clonefromcastmember-ing a model. One of this model's children is referenced just after the cloning and this reference is failing. Looking at the model list of the 3d castmember (the one FROM WHICH the parent is being cloned) in the debug window this model isn't there which is why I'm getting the error of course but the strange thing is - the model IS there - I can see it in the 3d editor window! So I've created a new dir with only this 3d ...

  1. #1

    Default model showing in 3d editor but not in castmember model list

    Hi all,

    Ok this is a little odd...

    I have 3d cast member from which I'm clonefromcastmember-ing a model. One
    of this model's children is referenced just after the cloning and this
    reference is failing. Looking at the model list of the 3d castmember (the
    one FROM WHICH the parent is being cloned) in the debug window this model
    isn't there which is why I'm getting the error of course but the strange
    thing is - the model IS there - I can see it in the 3d editor window!

    So I've created a new dir with only this 3d castmember and again, in the
    debug window, displayed the contents of the model list - this time the model
    appears... What's going on??? I am definately using the same file in both
    cases. The 3d castmember is also being preloaded before any reference to it
    is made.

    This isn't the first time this has happened during this project. I've had
    to workaround a similar problem before.

    Does it sound like my dir is corrupted? If so what can I do to salvage
    whats in there?

    Cheers,

    GP

    Gianpiero Colagiacomo Guest

  2. #2

    Well thankfully I've found a way to resolve this. It must have been
    corruption in the DIR.

    I had tried, many times, deleting and re-importing the 3d castmember to no
    avail. I just now decided to try renaming the physical w3d file and the
    castmember. This solved my problem....

    Does anyone know why this sort of thing occurs to begin with though?

    Cheers,

    GP