Professional Web Applications Themes

modifier animation - Macromedia Director 3D

this uses the ripple modifier in max even though it looks like a wave a patch object, which it why it looks soft, no meshsmooth www.bleed3d.com/ripple.htm...

  1. #1

    Default modifier animation

    this uses the ripple modifier in max even though it looks like a wave
    a patch object, which it why it looks soft, no meshsmooth
    www.bleed3d.com/ripple.htm

    tyree_2 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: modifier animation

    Hi Tyree,

    It's good that you're experimenting with Shockwave 3D and discovering
    what you can do with it. When posting your demos, I'd suggest you give a
    bit more info (textutal description) on what you've actually done. I'd
    include this on the page itself. That way, if people look at your demos,
    they're more than just an animated effect, they're a set of info to help
    explain how to achieve those things.

    It actually may be helpful to you as well, as a way of recording and
    formalising your knowlege. I know I learn a lot from writing out
    tutorials. And, I still use some of my pages as references when I'm
    working on a project that uses some of the doented techniques.

    There's always multiple ways of doing thing in Director. As you
    experiement, you may find better ways of doing things. Your website could
    be your learning 'diary' and be an interesting learning journey for other
    people.

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant
    http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director/
    http://www.multimediacreative.com.au

    Dean Guest

  3. #3

    I didnt give a detailed description because its all done in max. using bones
    and a modifier. which I already stated in modifier based animation. Its
    something anybody can do. this only took 3 minutes. All the strenght lies in
    the host 3d program. The 3d shockwave exporter in max and other 3d programs is
    just a recorder no different than a tape recorder. it does not distinguish
    between the sounds it records. It records whatever it comes across, the
    exporter is the same, whatever motion you put in front of it. It simply records
    it. where you decide to get that motion from is completely up to the user. the
    exporter doesnt know one motion from the other. motion capture from keyframe,
    reactor from cloth, reaction manager from hair. All it knows is that bones must
    be present for animation, if an object deforms. where the source of the motion
    comes from that does the animating is completely up to the user . Take a 3d
    program like max that can do a 100 different types of animation. even though
    shockwave 3d doesnt directly support it. because of the recorder shockwave can
    also do most of the different types of animation. For instance bones, max has 4
    different types of bones, you can make a bone chain that combines all the other
    types into one chain and have something that moves in an akward fashion.
    Director doesnt know that some of these bones didnt exist when shockwave 3d
    came about but the motion from that chain can be exported to shockwave
    nonetheless.

    tyree_2 Guest