Professional Web Applications Themes

Moments with Elements - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Anybody have a good story ? May help others ;) how 'bout this one; Spending a good 10 minutes making the perfect selection around an intricate image with the lasso tool only to find out that you had the feather set to 50 pixels. Ah, gotta love it ! Yes, I regularily check to be sure that option is set to 0 px or 1 px before i begin...but then there are those days.......

  1. #1

    Default Moments with Elements

    Anybody have a good story ? May help others ;)

    how 'bout this one;

    Spending a good 10 minutes making the perfect selection around an intricate image with the lasso tool only to find out that you had the feather set to 50 pixels. Ah, gotta love it !

    Yes, I regularily check to be sure that option is set to 0 px or 1 px before i begin...but then there are those days....
    Jodi Frye Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Moments with Elements

    Hi Jodi,

    I just spent the last hour "trying" to fix an animation and for the life of me couldn't figure out why it was moving so erratically. I must have changed everything on each layer about ten times or more. Walked away from it for a minute and when I returned I noticed I had the sequence of layers out of order...duh!!

    Another great one is, painting or erasing on the wrong layer and you end up wondering why you have holes all over some layers or it's painted up with grafitti-like strokes. Then fear sets in realizing your undo history cannot backtrack that far. I have mine set to 50 now and that's not nearly enough sometimes.

    Here's the last one from me tonight. I was 99.9% finished editing hundreds of specks of dust off a sand dune image I scanned. Then out of nowhere, the power when out for a split second from a gust of wind which caused tree limbs to touch the lines. THAT was a nice surprise! So...that's why battery backups were invented.

    I've been there with too many "those days"... so I can feel where you're coming from.

    It often seems to be the simple stuff that throws you for a loop!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  3. #3

    I didnot know it is possible to set the history to a certain amount of
    backtracks. I still don't know how....but I think I need it badly.

    Edit->Preferences->General->History States
    Stu Bloom Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks Stu!
    I couldnot figure it out from my dutch manual.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  5. #5

    Keep in mind that though the 'history states' option is there the higher you set it the more memory it uses on your system. I'm not one to use the 'undo' too often. I generally create a new layer every time I make additions to an image....this way i can trash the layer all together if it's not quite right.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  6. #6

    Stu, thanks for helping Leen. I finally had to get some sleep last night. The hours disappear with Elements, next thing you know it's the wee hours of the morning.

    Hi Leen, you'll find a few extra 'undo history' steps extremely helpful when editing photographs. Just always remember to keep one original layer intact as the 'master'. I'll duplicate that layer and edit from there, often using 'undo history'.

    I could never live without the 'undo history', especially with animating. The last thing I need is more layers to sort through!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  7. #7

    My best Elements moment was when I spent quite a long time trying to remove the blemishes frm a scanned in slide before I realised that they were sticky fingermarks on the monitor....

    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

  8. #8

    That's a good one Susan. You got a laugh out of me from that one.
    Mark Reibman Guest

  9. #9

    That's a good one, Leen! Love it!

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  10. #10

    Leen that is a keeper story ! Better add it to your ' customer relations ' file.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  11. #11

    Chuck, I considered that too, but until now I didnot use that tool, because I wasn't able to control the effects.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest