Rather than reply to those that have posted remarks about NYIP I thought I'd
just start a new post. I took the course in 98 and liked it a lot. Some
have mentioned that there is a NYIP group at MSN. There is one at Yahoo
groups and it is pretty active. As for the course, I guess my photography
needed to focus on what I was actually trying to shoot. They taught me to
look at the interesting points in a picture and how to avoid the stuff that
you sometimes see in photos that has nothing to do with the shot. Sort of
like people that can tell you about their trip to the beach and they start
out telling how they got up in the morning and made coffee. Also in many of
my lessons I would jump in the car and travel 10 miles to another town
looking for what would be a good shot for the assignment, only to come home
disappointed and find the perfect shot a half mile from my house. That is
training the eye to see what is around you, and how the camera will see it,
that is how the camera will see the light and how the human eye will see it.
I hope I have not gone on and on here but what they try to do in the course
is not to just say use this filter for this and buy this gizmo for this
shot. I suppose a lot of what they are teaching is what a good art school
would try to show you about how light falls on a person or building. As for
the cost, if you start making better pictures and sell more, the cost is
minor. Hope that helps a little. If you have any questions that you would
like to ask, feel free to contact me at [email]rtrexellvbe.com[/email]. Ric.