Professional Web Applications Themes

more than 36 photographs on a roll? - Photography

Me, I want as few exposures as possible on a roll cause I want to examine what I've done quickly. Thats where my digital comes in handy! Paul -- "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did, not screaming like the passengers in his car." "Q.G. de Bakker" <qnutiscali.nl> wrote in message news:beqb2e$7u3$1reader1.tiscali.nl... > Jan Keirse wrote: > > > at my local photo shop I can develop my films for a fixed price per film > (at a > > very good quality to my opinion). I was wondering. Do there exist 35mm ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: more than 36 photographs on a roll?

    --
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did,
    not screaming like the passengers in his car."

    "Q.G. de Bakker" <qnutiscali.nl> wrote in message
    > Jan Keirse wrote:
    >
    > > at my local photo shop I can develop my films for a fixed price per film
    > (at a
    > > very good quality to my opinion). I was wondering. Do there exist 35mm
    > films
    > > that can contain like 60 photographs? It would make life a hell lot
    > cheaper ;-)
    >
    > Ilford used to sell (thin base version) of one (or more, i don't remember)
    > of their films in regular 35 mm cassettes that held double the amount of
    > exposures. So yes.
    >
    > This long roll thing never was a commercial succes. Why?
    > On the other hand, shorter rolls, 24 or even 12 exposure films are still
    > available. So maybe even 36 exposure rolls are a bit long already? ;-)

    Paul Handley Guest

  2. #22

    Dave wrote:
    > On other cameras I have shot usually 37 shots per roll. However since I
    > bought my Elan IIE I have been unable to get more than 36, ever. I have
    > wondered if this is the maximum permitted by the camera software.
    > Does anyone know?
    ....something like that ... on my Maxxum 7xi I get 37 and occasionally 38
    frames.

    On the Maxxum 9 I always get 36, nevermore, nevermore. Poe me.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne Guest

  3. #23

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:32:55 +0200, "Fritz Dold" <fritz.doldgmx.de>
    wrote:
    >> at my local photo shop I can develop my films for a fixed price per film
    >(at a
    >> very good quality to my opinion). I was wondering. Do there exist 35mm
    >films
    >> that can contain like 60 photographs? It would make life a hell lot
    >cheaper ;-)
    >
    >Please bear in mind that many modern cameras don't permit mor than 36
    >exposures, at least this is the case with Canon EOS cameras. They just
    >stop/rewind after 36 frames. Other cameras are more tolerant.
    Jeez, none of the Canon cultists ever mentioned that before. If
    they'd have told me that, I'd have switched from Nikon years ago. I
    *hate* getting 37 exposures on a roll. Sure, it sounds nice, getting
    an extra shot. But, with a 6x6 negative sleeve, you have this extra
    negative that just won't fit. Sure, I can stick it in another sleeve,
    and even make contact sheets of that when I gather a bunch of
    singletons together. But I like keeping all the negatives from one
    roll in the same place! And I want to make a proof sheet on 8x10 or
    8.5x11 paper which contains every negative.

    Yes, I can order my camera to rewind after 36 shots, but somehow I
    always forget. I've taken to shooting a picture of my lens cap with
    the first frame, but sometimes I forget to do that too, and then I'm
    stuck with 36.

    OTOH, I'm delighted to get an extra frame on a 24 exposure roll. Five
    strips of five frames works great.
    --

    Pete McCutchen
    Pete McCutchen Guest

  4. #24

    > Please bear in mind that many modern cameras don't permit mor than 36
    > exposures, at least this is the case with Canon EOS cameras. They just
    > stop/rewind after 36 frames. Other cameras are more tolerant.

    I've got an Elan 7, and Sometimes, I will get a 37th picture...
    Mikey Guest

  5. #25

    "Pete McCutchen" <p.mccutchenworldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    > >Please bear in mind that many modern cameras don't permit mor than 36
    > >exposures, at least this is the case with Canon EOS cameras. They just
    > >stop/rewind after 36 frames. Other cameras are more tolerant.
    >
    > Jeez, none of the Canon cultists ever mentioned that before.

    I regularly get 37 on my EOS 1000 FN, but my EOS 50 E only ever gives me 36.
    It seems that the lower spec Canons (EOS 1000/500/300/Rebel Series) which
    prewind the film will just wind it out until it stops then wind it in.
    However the higher spec Canons which don't pre-wind the film out do indeed
    cut off a 36

    Tony Parkinson Guest

  6. #26

    "Dave" <daveplease.reply.to.newsgroup> writes:
    > On other cameras I have shot usually 37 shots per roll. However
    > since I bought my Elan IIE I have been unable to get more than 36,
    > ever. I have wondered if this is the maximum permitted by the camera
    > software. Does anyone know?
    My EOS-1 would stop at 36, even if I coded up a 40 or 72 frame DX
    coding. Bit of a bummer really..

    --
    Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
    +61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.