Professional Web Applications Themes

Most fields print, a couple show up as dots - Adobe Acrobat Windows

All fields on the form are text fields, the fields that don't print are a phone # field, DOB, and an address which is on the last page of the form. This problem has never been seen with this application before (works in our business and 25 other facilities), and has only been seen to happen in this one facility. Every computer in the facility has this problem. I was told each computer has a local printer and each computer has been setup by an outside company which leads me to believe each one is setup the same way. I ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Most fields print, a couple show up as dots

    All fields on the form are text fields, the fields that don't print are a phone # field, DOB, and an address which is on the last page of the form. This problem has never been seen with this application before (works in our business and 25 other facilities), and has only been seen to happen in this one facility. Every computer in the facility has this problem. I was told each computer has a local printer and each computer has been setup by an outside company which leads me to believe each one is setup the same way.

    I am in the process of finding out type of printers and drivers they use.

    Each field is question has nothing special about it, no borders, and same font as the rest. I talked to the publisher of the form this morning and there is nothing special/different from the text fields that work, and the ones that don't work for this facility.
    Justin_Exner@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Is the form being printed from a browser - if it is saved to the local disk can be printed?

    Are these form fields placed on top of an image?

    Is the doent being viewed in single or continuous page mode - if this is changed does it make a difference?
    Jonathan_H@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Form is being printed from a browser, IE or netscape. Fields have a image below them, just a line to print information on. They can generate this form and the data is transferred to the PDF. The FDF is stored on our server, so i can look at the same FDF that they are viewing at my office. I am using XP pro and adobe acrobat 5.0 full install which is what they are using. I see everything correctly, they don't.

    I dont know if they are using single or continuous page mode, but the problem shows up in the browser first and prints exactly what they are being shown.

    I am having a conference call with them in a half hour.

    Our plan of action will be to delete the fields they are have problems with and remake them. We are going to use a different font for those 3 fields (arial instead of helvetica) and over write the PDF in our server. I will also try to see if I can have them pull up their printer properties, but knowing the users dont have administration rights, I don't know how far I will be able to get. Should I be able to tell if they are using a pcl driver by looking at the driver file in the printer properties/advanced tab?
    Justin_Exner@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Well, deleting the fields and making new ones under arial font seems to have worked. Still dont know what the deal was. Oh well, thanks
    Justin_Exner@adobeforums.com Guest