Professional Web Applications Themes

Motif Ad Kit - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

I have been tasked with creating expandable ads for my company. We will be using Motif to track the data for us. Here are some examples of the type of ads we want to build: [url]http://www.pointroll.com/PointRoll/AdDemo/Hallmark/Hallmark_MothersDay_300x250_6[/url] 00x250_Wht_FB_DERIVEpd3.asp [url]http://www.pointroll.com/PointRoll/AdDemo/Pfizer/ChantixPfizer-2007-Q2_ConceptA_[/url] 728x90_FB_DERIVEpd2.asp [url]http://www.pointroll.com/PointRoll/AdDemo/Pfizer/ListerineAgentCoolBlue1h07_728x[/url] 90_Dentist_FB_AOL_KOL_Trgted_Audiences_Kids_Activi ties_Interests_KOLld3.asp [url]http://www.pointroll.com/PointRoll/AdDemo/HomeDepot/HomeDepot_Sisters_728x90_315[/url] _FB_UI_DEMOpd2.asp My problem is that I cannot open the tutorial files to learn how to make these kinds of banners. I can open the tutorial files in Flash CS3, but I cannot view the Motif Ad Kit Panel. On the other hand, I can open the panel in Flash MX 2004, but cannot open the tutorial files ...

  1. #1

    Default Motif Ad Kit

[...]

    tutorial files here. I even had someone at DoubleClick save the files for me as
    Flash MX 2004. They still do not work.

    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to learn how to build these types of
    banners?

    Here is where I have downloaded Ad Kit 3.0 as well as the tutorials.
    [url]http://www.dartmotif.com/downloads/downloads.asp?login=req[/url]

    katiekat80 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Motif Ad Kit

    Use Pointroll! Sorry but I've had MAJOR headaches with Motif in the past. We
    stick with Pointroll whenever possible.

    As far as the panel, did you install the component correctly? If so, it should
    show up under Window>Other Panels.

    aniebel Guest

  3. #3

    I am not real familiar with any of this stuff. Would we have to have an account
    with Pointroll?

    Motif is giving me major headaches too!

    I am not the best flash designer. Is there a way I could learn to build my own
    expandable ad and provide it to the company doing our tracking?

    katiekat80 Guest

  4. #4

    Well, when I used the Motif AdKit and supplied the files to Dart, they
    disassembled the files anyway and reassembled them so I think you can create
    your expandable ad yourself and ask them to do the functionality. The problem
    is that I believe there is a charge for it, depending on who the end client is.
    If Dart is making a lot of money off of the client, I believe they will waive
    the fee.

    Pointroll is easy to sign up with. The best thing to do is get in touch with
    their support team and ask them the questions you have about setting up a file
    and if they can support Dart or not. I seem to recall that they do but, of
    course, Dart is their competitor so Dart may say that they are not compatible.
    Both companies make their software free to the designer. It's the company who
    is doing the advertising who pays.

    Good luck!

    aniebel Guest

  5. #5

    Hi all

    Am I the only person that has tried the Ad Kit and not been able to get it
    working from the tutorial they provide.
    I am trying to create an expanding banner.

    Any assistance will be of great help thanks

    Cheers

    gamedesign1000 Guest

  6. #6

    There is a post 7 items below this one that had problems with it. You may want to check that one out.
    aniebel Guest

  7. #7

    In Macromadia Flash MX 2004 we had Flash Ad kit in the list of templates when
    creating a new ad file.
    Where is the Flash Ad kit located in the Flash CS3 Pro?

    Is somebody familiar with "Building and Deploying Rich Media Video Ads with
    the Flash Ad Kits?

    Rocio08 Guest

  8. #8

    If you are using Dart Motif, once you establish a login you can download their
    particular ad kit. I may be wrong but I've found the Adobe Ad Kit helpful in
    understanding the concept but it doesn't help when working with specific Rich
    Media Providers as they all seem to have their own way of doing things. It's
    best to download their particular ad kit and instruction manual and go from
    there. I believe Motif has templates as well to download.

    aniebel Guest

  9. #9

    It should be in the instruction manual or just google it
    freshmus Guest

  10. #10

    Go to doubleclick.com and you can download the Flash Ad Kit plugin for whatever
    version of flash you are using. I am using CS3 and there are no tutorials or
    instructions on how to use it. I am new to using Rich Media and I am having a
    hard time figuring it out for CS3. Can anyone help me find a tutorial for Dart
    Motif for CS3?

    loudlizard Guest

  11. #11

    Did you register and obtain a login? If you login on the adkit page, there are
    video tutorials on the link called "To learn more about what?s included in this
    release, click here." downloads page. Also there's a link off to the left
    that's called "Download Design Templates". I highly recommend you use these.
    The component, in my opinion, is confusing.

    Also, just save yourself a lot of headache and use Pointroll, if your project
    allows for it.

    aniebel Guest