Professional Web Applications Themes

Mouse buttons - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Hi all, I hope this is an easy question. In Photoshop 7, I would like to zoom in and out by using the mouse scroll wheel and pan by pushing the scroll wheel down. (I have that set up in Autocad as well as most other graphics apps) How can I do this? Thanks, Vince Photoshop 7 Win2k MS Optical mouse explorer...

  1. #1

    Default Mouse buttons

    Hi all,

    I hope this is an easy question. In Photoshop 7, I would like to zoom in and out by using the mouse scroll wheel and pan by pushing the scroll wheel down. (I have that set up in Autocad as well as most other graphics apps) How can I do this?

    Thanks,

    Vince

    Photoshop 7
    Win2k
    MS Optical mouse explorer
    Vincent Hunter Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Mouse buttons

    Vincent,

    With most scroll mice, you can click the scroll button and pan in the doent. To zoom in and zoom out using the scroll wheel you hold down the Alt key.

    In version 6, you used to be able to just scroll. They changed it in v7 to be "more consistent" with how the wheel operates in other apps. I think it stinks.

    Be aware that after you hold down the alt key and use your scroll wheel, PS will still think the Alt key is held down, so you must either click in the work area or press it again.

    I had an Intellimouse explorer optical mouse that basically, well, ed. But it had a software feature allowing you to program a button that was application specific, so that of the 5 buttons, you could say "when in photoshop, let this button represent the spacebar", thus, you could have the hand tool active to pan.

    Alas, I had to replace the mouse for a good Logitech, without that software feature.

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  3. #3

    Tony...sorry to hear of your bad MS mouse experience. The Optical Intellimouse is pretty much the only mouse I'd use and I generally give them a high recommendation even though one of mine did have a much looser wheel tension than I liked. I recently upgraded to a nice, but pricey Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer. It is also nice yet does shut off rather quickly to save power...I'd not mind a slightly longer delay since it takes a key press to wake it up.

    At least I can now perform that crucial capability of editing with my mouse perhaps 30 feet away from my desk!! Yippee! Well, binoculars are required for that task though. Ha!

    Daryl
    Daryl Pritchard Guest

  4. #4

    Daryl,

    I found that my Intellimouse, over time, was double clicking when I wanted to single click - it was way too sensitive. Also, I always had a hard time adjusting to the sensitivity of the right mouse button. The way my hand rested on it, I would inadvertantly right click without meaning to. It was a royal pain.

    Now, it's possible that it was a "one of" situation, and that most of them wouldn't be that sensitive. But mine was.

    I opted for the new logitech (same thing only different). They have a much more precise technology (MX500)for the optical lens allowing me even finer control in my selections. I miss the programmable button from Intellimouse, but all in all, I'm happier.

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest