Professional Web Applications Themes

Mouse pointer flickers between hand and pointer - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I have created a menu. On the menu options for some reason my mouse pointer flickers between a hand and pointer. Did anyone have this problem and remember how to fix it. Please let me know. Very urgent. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Mouse pointer flickers between hand and pointer

    enutty webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    I've seen this happen when the item changes on rollover to a shape that would no longer be considered rolled over, in which case it changes back, looping forever, flashing the cursor. Another way is by some scripting that is adding and removing event handlers incorrectly.

    One Louder webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Do you have anyidea how I can fix it

    enutty webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Well, I don't know the specifics of your movie, but if the cursor doesn't flicker on other objects besides these menu items, then I'd take a look at how they're implemented. It's not possible for me to give you a magic fix without looking at the FLA.

    One Louder webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    Here is the file. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out. It does not happen on the home button. But to me everything else looks the same. I created all the buttons in the same pattern.Please see if you can figure it out.
    Thanks

    [url]http://webforums.macromedia.com/attachments/Menu1111111.zip[/url]

    enutty webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Sorry, I can't open it - you may be using Flash MX 2004, which I don't have.

    One Louder webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    yes I do use Flash MX 2004.
    Is there anybody else out there who could figure it out

    enutty webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    I use MX so I cannot open your file either. Have you made sure you have a
    defined "hit" area on the buttons in question? If you leave the last frame
    on a button blank, you will get some very touchy rolloever effects. Also,
    make sure your text is static and not an entry or dynamic text field. For
    good measure, make it a symbol too.

    hth,

    Regards,
    --Vern

    _posted.by\(Vern\); Guest

  9. #9

    I`m sure i have answered you this question before; all you have to do, is edit one of the buttons in place, click on the hit frame and draw a square. At the moment all you have is text.
    You might be better saving your files in mx so people like Vern and One Louder can view. Good to see One Louder back on the forums.

    Certified but not by Macromedia!
    myurl
    stwingy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  10. #10

    I tried drawing a square in the hit state but the square is overlapping the text. Do I have to draw a transparent square or something. I taught myself Flash so this may be a pretty dumb question to ask but I think I need help

    enutty webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  11. #11

    You will not see the square when you test the movie.

  12. #12

    Have a look at this to see how its made [url]http://www.gifsrus.com/testfile/buttoneg.fla[/url]

  13. #13

    I did add the rectangle but the cursor still blinks. I think it has to do something with the code. Because it does that on button which have a link to a webaddress. Any ideas???

    enutty webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  14. #14

    I have saved the file in Flash Mx. It does not have any action script but the mouse still flickers. Can someone look at it?

  15. #15

    Sorry, I misunderstood but you still need to add the square on all the submenu buttons.
    On the main menu switch the code on each of the buttons to
    on (rollOver) {
    gotoAndStop("baja");
    }

    etc.