Professional Web Applications Themes

Movie not loaded in MySpace - Macromedia Flash Player

I am having trouble with Flash Player on MySpace. The only thing I get is a white box and if I rigth click it I get a (gray) "Movie not loaded" and (black) "About Flash Player" It works fine in any other webpage like Metacafe og Youtube. I am using Firefox but I have the same promblem with IE 7. The problem is on my laptop but everything works fine on my desktop What I have tried so far Firefox update is active Updated IE Uninstall Flash Player 9 and update Uninstall Flash Player 9 and installed Flash Player 8 ...

  1. #1

    Default Movie not loaded in MySpace

    I am having trouble with Flash Player on MySpace. The only thing I get is a
    white box and if I rigth click it I get a (gray) "Movie not loaded" and
    (black) "About Flash Player" It works fine in any other webpage like Metacafe
    og Youtube.
    I am using Firefox but I have the same promblem with IE 7.
    The problem is on my laptop but everything works fine on my desktop
    What I have tried so far
    Firefox update is active
    Updated IE
    Uninstall Flash Player 9 and update
    Uninstall Flash Player 9 and installed Flash Player 8
    Uninstall Quick time, reinstall and update
    Uninstall Java and reinstall and update, and it is enabled
    I have tried rigth click on FlashUtil.exe and any other files in Macromed
    directory, selected "Run as" unchecked "Protect my computer......."
    I have tried rigth click on FlashUtil.exe and any other files in Macromed
    directory selected "Properties" selected "Security" checked "Full control for
    Anyone"

    There are a lot of other stuff that I have tried but to no avail. Look like
    there are others with similar problems out there.

    Anyone!!!!!!

    skagstron Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Movie not loaded in MySpace

    I have the same problem with ESPN.com. A white box with no movie loaded.
    It says About Flash Player 9 under that.
    ThaiLes Guest

  3. #3

    I have the same exact problem as you skagstron. It is driving me nuts. I seem to have had this problem 3 or 4 weeks and I can't remember what I had changed to cause this.
    svg223 Guest

  4. #4

    I should add that I have my problem when using my old install of xp pro, but when I boot from another drive into vista, flash works properly.
    svg223 Guest

  5. #5

    I keep getting an F after I try and install then it gives me a message
    installation failed or was cancelled then it asks me to try again or cancel?
    Can someone please help me. I cant even download flash player on my computer
    :confused;

    mariandbrit Guest

  6. #6

    Ok so i'm having similar issues. I installed a few windows updates for vista a
    day or two agao and ever since, my music player on myspace is just a white box
    and any videos i try to watch on you tube or myspace are also just white
    blocks. I uninstalled and reinstalled flash but it did not help. Anyone know
    what to do about this?

    arrow Guest

  7. #7

    Anybody open an Adobe support case on this and happen to have a case #??? If
    so I might be able to help further. From what I read above I can't hazard a
    guess (beyond the many permission related fixes in a few of our other [ADOBE]
    posts here on the forum...

    BWolfe Guest

  8. #8

    I have opened a case on this #172995778

    skagstron Guest

  9. #9

    I don't think this is a permission thing. I have read most of those permission
    related fixes on the forum. I am logged in as an administrator and my computer
    is not on any network. And as stated in my first letter this problem is only
    with MySpace. Flash Player works fine in all other webpages I can find.

    skagstron Guest

  10. #10

    So I'm not just having a problem with Movies on myspace...everytime I try to
    view a profile on myspace that has music and/or videos, I keep getting a dialog
    box that says the following: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with
    an add-on & needs to close; Add-on Name: Flash9d.ocx, Company Name: Adobe
    Systems Inc., Description: Adobe Flash player.
    I then hit the continue button (there is no other option) and another box
    comes up stating the following:
    Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.( I have the
    data error report info if you need it in order to help me out with this; The
    AppName, AppVer, ModName, ModVer & Offset)
    Needless to say, once I click either "send error report" or "don't send"...I
    then get kicked off. I have tried updating the Adobe flash player but when I
    do, it says that internet explorer has blocked it due to unsafe something?
    (don't remember) and this program may not run correctly. This is driving me
    crazy!!!! Any advice????

    Tracy1870 Guest

  11. #11

    This may help some of you with this problem. I was having the same
    "Installation failed or was cancelled" error message. (Very descriptive,
    Adobe! Must be from the Microsoft school of error messages!) This is under
    Windows Vista Business.

    Anyway, it turns out that Sophos Anti-Virus HIPS ysis was stopping the
    MSW****.tmp file from running from my C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\
    directory. Sophos said it was exhibiting suspicious behavior and to send it to
    Sophos for ysis. (Adobe: Suggest you talk to Sophos about this and
    determine what's suspicious about your .tmp file during installation and fix
    it!)

    So, I went into the Sophos settings (Configure Sophos Anti-Virus -> HIPS
    runtime behavior ysis) and disabled (unchecked) 'Detect suspicious
    behavior' long enough to complete the install.

    If you don't run Sophos it may be whatever antivirus or security software you
    run.

    TJNoffy Guest

  12. #12

    where do you find the event viewer?
    ThaiLes Guest

  13. #13

    I got my Flash Player back!! It took a registry cleaner to do it. If you
    have been receiving corrupt registry or file notices, you need to run a
    registry cleaner before you can hope to get your Flash working again. Google
    free registry cleaners for your O.S. and run it. I used one from the PC World
    site. It cleaned up a lot of garbage that had aculated in my computer-some
    of which was probably blocking Flash Player from working.

    ThaiLes Guest

  14. #14

    I have the exact same problem as the OP. happens in both firefox and IE 6 and
    7...also only happens with the myspace music player as far as I can tell all
    other flash sites, like youtube and metacafe work fine....this is very
    annoying...i just installed a fresh partition of XP, it doesnt seem to happen
    on vista.....this is driving me nuts since I listen to indie music every damn
    day

    22justin Guest

  15. #15

    if anyone knows a solution for this if they could please email me at 22justin AT telus.net
    22justin Guest

  16. #16

    It has nothing to do IE or Firefox. Here is the solution: go to
    WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ directory, there you will find a file named
    HOSTS. Open the file with any text editor (Notepad) and delete all the lines
    that contains Myspace. It's safe to delete ANY line form that file, excepting
    the first one "127.0.0.1 localhost". The others are sites considered dangerous
    for your computer. Judge for yourself which one stays and which one goes.

    Cheers.

    metropol25 Guest

  17. #17

    Finally... yea!.. Thanks Metropol, that was it. Adobe should hire you.
    svg223 Guest

  18. #18

    Brilliant, Metropol, that was the solution I've been looking for. Finally, something that worked.
    cardinal Guest

  19. #19

    Glad I could help. :smile;
    metropol25 Guest

  20. #20

    This is great! I just had some real issues with this crap and spent
    like a good 9 hours trying to fix it...there's NO other solution out
    there, I've looked. There are threads all over that just ended because
    nobody could help them. Thanks for figuring this out...fantastic work,
    Metropol!
    sukotto42 Guest