Professional Web Applications Themes

mozilla java - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

Im trying to get a java app to run in mozilla. Im runnen debain 3.0 and have installed the netscape-java-477 package which i "believe" is what it needed. Acording to what i have read though the base mozilla package has it installed.... When i try to get a java app to work (that claims it will work with netscape and mozilla and ie) i get ; "This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can only be viewed with the appropiate Plug-in." I know the site has the plug on the site, with ie it runs it fine.... Any ...

  1. #1

    Default mozilla java

    Im trying to get a java app to run in mozilla. Im runnen debain 3.0 and have
    installed the netscape-java-477 package which i "believe" is what it needed.
    Acording to what i have read though the base mozilla package has it
    installed....

    When i try to get a java app to work (that claims it will work with netscape
    and mozilla and ie) i get ;

    "This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can
    only be viewed with the appropiate Plug-in."

    I know the site has the plug on the site, with ie it runs it fine.... Any
    ideas??

    Arron



    Arron Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: mozilla java

    I was able to get one step further i think.... i installed jtk1.1, but still
    the same result....


    Arron


    "Arron" <Askmenowhere.net> wrote in message
    news:m%1bb.9537$Gr.563960read1.cgocable.net...
    > Im trying to get a java app to run in mozilla. Im runnen debain 3.0 and
    have
    > installed the netscape-java-477 package which i "believe" is what it
    needed.
    > Acording to what i have read though the base mozilla package has it
    > installed....
    >
    > When i try to get a java app to work (that claims it will work with
    netscape
    > and mozilla and ie) i get ;
    >
    > "This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can
    > only be viewed with the appropiate Plug-in."
    >
    > I know the site has the plug on the site, with ie it runs it fine.... Any
    > ideas??
    >
    > Arron
    >
    >
    >

    Arron Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: mozilla java

    Arron wrote:
    > I was able to get one step further i think.... i installed jtk1.1, but
    > still the same result....
    >
    >
    > Arron
    >
    >
    > "Arron" <Askmenowhere.net> wrote in message
    > news:m%1bb.9537$Gr.563960read1.cgocable.net...
    >> Im trying to get a java app to run in mozilla. Im runnen debain 3.0 and
    > have
    >> installed the netscape-java-477 package which i "believe" is what it
    > needed.
    >> Acording to what i have read though the base mozilla package has it
    >> installed....
    >>
    >> When i try to get a java app to work (that claims it will work with
    > netscape
    >> and mozilla and ie) i get ;
    >>
    >> "This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that
    >> can only be viewed with the appropiate Plug-in."
    >>
    >> I know the site has the plug on the site, with ie it runs it fine.... Any
    >> ideas??
    >>
    >> Arron
    [url]http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html[/url]

    Jim Bowering Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: mozilla java

    Arron wrote:
    > Im trying to get a java app to run in mozilla. Im runnen debain 3.0 and have
    > installed the netscape-java-477 package which i "believe" is what it needed.
    > Acording to what i have read though the base mozilla package has it
    > installed....
    >
    > When i try to get a java app to work (that claims it will work with netscape
    > and mozilla and ie) i get ;
    >
    > "This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can
    > only be viewed with the appropiate Plug-in."
    >
    > I know the site has the plug on the site, with ie it runs it fine.... Any
    > ideas??
    >
    > Arron
    Get the 1.4.2 plugin from java.sun.com, then
    ln -s
    /usr/java/<version>/plugin/i386/<ns610|ns610-gcc32>/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    /usr/lib/mozilla-<version>/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

    Allen Kistler Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: mozilla java

    Allen Kistler wrote:
    > Arron wrote:
    >
    >> Im trying to get a java app to run in mozilla. Im runnen debain 3.0
    >> and have
    >> installed the netscape-java-477 package which i "believe" is what it
    >> needed.
    >> Acording to what i have read though the base mozilla package has it
    >> installed....
    >>
    >> When i try to get a java app to work (that claims it will work with
    >> netscape
    >> and mozilla and ie) i get ;
    >>
    >> "This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that
    >> can
    >> only be viewed with the appropiate Plug-in."
    >>
    >> I know the site has the plug on the site, with ie it runs it fine.... Any
    >> ideas??
    >>
    >> Arron
    >
    >
    > Get the 1.4.2 plugin from java.sun.com, then
    > ln -s
    > /usr/java/<version>/plugin/i386/<ns610|ns610-gcc32>/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    > /usr/lib/mozilla-<version>/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    >
    For what its worth, I have done this step as well but still no joy. I'm
    running Mozilla ver. 1.4 on RH 7.3 and tried both the "/ns610-gcc32" and
    "/ns-610" versions. Is there some other step perhaps that needs to be done?

    @(none) Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: mozilla java

    none wrote:
    > Allen Kistler wrote:
    >
    >> Arron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Im trying to get a java app to run in mozilla. Im runnen debain 3.0
    >>> and have
    >>> installed the netscape-java-477 package which i "believe" is what it
    >>> needed.
    >>> Acording to what i have read though the base mozilla package has it
    >>> installed....
    >>>
    >>> When i try to get a java app to work (that claims it will work with
    >>> netscape
    >>> and mozilla and ie) i get ;
    >>>
    >>> "This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm)
    >>> that can
    >>> only be viewed with the appropiate Plug-in."
    >>>
    >>> I know the site has the plug on the site, with ie it runs it fine....
    >>> Any
    >>> ideas??
    >>>
    >>> Arron
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Get the 1.4.2 plugin from java.sun.com, then
    >> ln -s
    >> /usr/java/<version>/plugin/i386/<ns610|ns610-gcc32>/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    >> /usr/lib/mozilla-<version>/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    >>
    > For what its worth, I have done this step as well but still no joy. I'm
    > running Mozilla ver. 1.4 on RH 7.3 and tried both the "/ns610-gcc32" and
    > "/ns-610" versions. Is there some other step perhaps that needs to be done?
    Make sure you've got Java enabled on the "Advanced" dialog in
    Preferences, although I suspect you've already been there.

    Does Java show up in Help/About Plugins? Once upon a time Java got
    flakey on me. It showed up as a plugin, but wouldn't run. I fixed it
    by uninstalling Java, startup/shutdown Mozilla (to unregister the
    plugin), then reinstalling Java. It worked, but it seems painfully
    reminiscent of some other OS.

    I'm using Mozilla 1.4 on RH 7.3 right now, BTW. You use ns610 for RH up
    to 8. ns610-gcc32 is for RH 9. YMMV for other distros. Basically the
    plugin you use and Mozilla itself need to be compiled with the same
    version of the compiler. ns610 is compiled with gcc-2.96.

    HTH

    Allen Kistler Guest

Similar Threads

  1. Like a java applet, but using .net and made for IE, Mozilla and Opera
    By zorhel in forum ASP.NET Building Controls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 23rd, 11:12 PM
  2. java vm plugin under mozilla/galeon?
    By Micha Feigin in forum Debian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 28th, 11:10 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 20th, 06:59 AM
  4. mozilla 1.x and java-vm
    By Roberto Sanchez in forum Debian
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 17th, 01:30 PM
  5. mozilla 1.3.1 java plugin
    By CaT in forum Debian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 30th, 11:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139