Professional Web Applications Themes

MS Exchange released for OSX - Mac Applications & Software

Looks like some of the billions of development is starting to see the light of day... this is rather big news for macs wanting to use MS's proprietary email, calendar, address book, system in a corporate setting... now macs can morely easily get into all "ms shops"... it's 3 years late, but finally it's here... bad news is it looks like MS did it's typical shoddy job of development... more here... http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/08/04/entourage/ http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entouragex/entouragex.aspx?pid=exch angeupdate Oxford -...

  1. #1

    Default MS Exchange released for OSX

    Looks like some of the billions of development is starting to see the
    light of day... this is rather big news for macs wanting to use MS's
    proprietary email, calendar, address book, system in a corporate
    setting... now macs can morely easily get into all "ms shops"... it's 3
    years late, but finally it's here... bad news is it looks like MS did
    it's typical shoddy job of development... more here...

    http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/08/04/entourage/

    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entouragex/entouragex.aspx?pid=exch
    angeupdate

    Oxford

    -
    Oxford Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MS Exchange released for OSX

    hehe... Microsoft throwing the poor maccies a bone and some table scraps to
    avoid more Monopoly Suits.

    WoooooooooHoooooo

    Gates for Prez

    "Oxford" <com> wrote in message

    MuahMan Guest

  3. #3

    > Looks like some of the billions of development is starting to see the

    The fact that Apple was soon going to add Exchange support to
    Panther.... fully coincidental, of course.
    Seeker1 Guest

  4. #4

    Seeker1 <com> writes:

    > The fact that Apple was soon going to add Exchange support to
    > Panther.... fully coincidental, of course.[/ref]

    On the other hand, I can't seem to make it work properly (the MS
    Entourage update).

    My situation is this: I work in a MS-centric office, on
    Exchange2K servers. I have just installed the Entourage update. I
    created the 'Exchange Account' in Entourage and everything seems
    to be working alright, except for two things:

    (1) It cannot automatically determine my 'Free/Busy Server';
    information which I can get from our local Administrators, I
    guess.

    (2) It does not seem to be "synchronizing" with any of my
    existing Exchange PIM data (contacts, calendar info).

    Point (2) is a serious one; without being able to get ahold of
    all my existing contacts and Calendar information, this version
    of Entourage is not nearly as useful as it might be.

    Anyone know how to poke Entourage's advertised synchronizing
    feature so that it acutally picks up my existing Exchange PIM
    data?

    --
    Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
    +--+

  5. #5

    Viktor Haag <net> wrote:

    > > The fact that Apple was soon going to add Exchange support to
    > > Panther.... fully coincidental, of course.[/ref]
    >
    > On the other hand, I can't seem to make it work properly (the MS
    > Entourage update).
    >
    > My situation is this: I work in a MS-centric office, on
    > Exchange2K servers. I have just installed the Entourage update. I
    > created the 'Exchange Account' in Entourage and everything seems
    > to be working alright, except for two things:
    >
    > (1) It cannot automatically determine my 'Free/Busy Server';
    > information which I can get from our local Administrators, I
    > guess.
    >
    > (2) It does not seem to be "synchronizing" with any of my
    > existing Exchange PIM data (contacts, calendar info).
    >
    > Point (2) is a serious one; without being able to get ahold of
    > all my existing contacts and Calendar information, this version
    > of Entourage is not nearly as useful as it might be.
    >
    > Anyone know how to poke Entourage's advertised synchronizing
    > feature so that it acutally picks up my existing Exchange PIM
    > data?[/ref]

    It is not a real Exchange client. It is using IMAP ans SMTP to access
    the Exchange server. I have not heard of anyone getting the Free/Busy
    calendar stuff working. I think they intentionally make it difficult so
    that IT managers can just say the Mac is too hard to support...

    JT Guest