Professional Web Applications Themes

Multicoloured image into a 3 colour image with numerical output? - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Hello people! I need help with two things 1st off - I have an image, a piece of duodenum which i need to convert into areas by colour i.e. instead of having a full colour picture i need a silhouette of the tissue and also i need to identify the non-tissue areas with other colours such as white and green, so in effect going from a 256 colour image (or whatever!) to essentially a 3 tone image with the piece of duodenum in black, but i'm not really sure how to do it. Secondly, once i get those areas defined ...

  1. #1

    Default Multicoloured image into a 3 colour image with numerical output?

    Hello people!

    I need help with two things

    1st off - I have an image, a piece of duodenum which i need to convert into areas by colour i.e. instead of having a full colour picture i need a silhouette of the tissue and also i need to identify the non-tissue areas with other colours such as white and green, so in effect going from a 256 colour image (or whatever!) to essentially a 3 tone image with the piece of duodenum in black, but i'm not really sure how to do it.

    Secondly, once i get those areas defined I need to convert the area covered by each colour into a percentage of the whole area of the canvass so i can get a numerical output from a picture source
    (i.e. there are 40,000 black pixels, 20,000 whit pixels and 4,000 green pixels in a doent of 64,000 pixels = 62.5% black, 31.25% white and 6.25% green)

    Plz help me or point me in the right direction, I work for your National Health Service and i'm trying to pioneer a technique that may make a certain diagnosis more accurate, but i have limited photoshop skills

    Thanks in advance
    Montana Guest

  2. #2

    Montana,

    You can do what you want in Photoshop. First of all, you need to create a separate Selection for each of the areas of interest. You can apply color modifications to each of those selections, but more importantly, when a selection is active, if you do Image> Histogram, the Histogram box will show a pixel count for the active selection.

    When no selection is active, or when you have the entire image selected, the same Histogram box will show the total pixel count for the image.

    Save your different selections so that you can revisit them.

    You can also create a separate Layer for a selection by Layer> New> Layer Via Copy and you can use those layers to get the color-coded areas you want.

    -- Burton --
    Burton Ogden Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Burton!! :)

    This may be the break i was looking for. It is working up to now

    THANKS AGAIN!! :)
    Montana Guest

  4. #4

    You are welcome.
    Burton Ogden Guest

  5. #5

    While Photoshop is a great program, and I use it nearly daily, there are other programs designed for image ysis and measurement that will give you less grief trying to do what you want to do. Photoshop is great for the preparation, though.

    Claimer: I work for a software company providing such a product, so take my response with appropriate scepticism.

    Tim
    Tim Spragens Guest