Professional Web Applications Themes

Multiple bone animations in a single export - Macromedia Director 3D

I was wondering how to attach multiple bone animations to a single model, or if it is even possible. Do I just need to have duplicates of the model, each with its own animation? Is there any way to specify a range of keyframes within a single animation timeline? It would be nicer if each animation could have its own name. Is there a way to import a motion independent of a model? These are all just different ways of asking the same question, I know :smile; Thanks for your help!...

  1. #1

    Default Multiple bone animations in a single export

    I was wondering how to attach multiple bone animations to a single model, or if
    it is even possible.
    Do I just need to have duplicates of the model, each with its own animation?
    Is there any way to specify a range of keyframes within a single animation
    timeline?
    It would be nicer if each animation could have its own name. Is there a way
    to import a motion independent of a model?
    These are all just different ways of asking the same question, I know :smile;

    Thanks for your help!

    praesul Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Multiple bone animations in a single export

    As far as I am aware, you can only export a single animation per model. If you
    want to create multiple motions for a given model, then you need to export the
    model a number of times, each time with a different motion. You can reduce the
    geometry of the model to a minimum for the second and subsequent motions.

    In Director, you can then use the cloneMotionFromCastMember() command to
    import the motions from the separate shockwave3D members into the member that
    contains the complete geometry for the model.

    openspark Guest

  3. #3

    The 3ds max and plasma exporters have the option to exclude geometry from the
    export altogether, so you can export a scene which contains only a motion.

    I believe you can use this to create a number of w3ds containing different
    motions each (however I haven't personally used this - I have always created
    all the animation I need on a single timeline and used the bonesplayer play
    command to play specific portions of the timeline)

    hope this helps!

    - Ben

    duckets Guest

  4. #4

    hi,

    follow this steps

    Create your character
    apply animations as needed using the power of Softimage XSI and the animation mixer if you want.

    put the animations in secuence

    example:

    frames 1-25 standing
    frames 26-50 walking
    frames 51-60 attacking
    and so on...

    after exporting in Director use the range of motion needed in your events.

    whichModel.bonesPlayer.play("name", looped, startTime, endTime, playRate, timeOffset)

    REMEMBER that startTime and end time are in miliseconds so in XSI you need to change your units in preferences to miliseconds also.

    or you can code it in director to have passed fps to miliseconds

    Hope it helps,

    Rafa
    www.sintesys.net/exporter

    Rafael Guest