Professional Web Applications Themes

Multiple Page sizes in one doent IDCS2 - Adobe Indesign Macintosh

Topic Multiple Page sizes in one doent Hi I hope someone can help with what may seem as simple straight forward question. I am running a trial copy of InDesign and I am trying to decide whether to buy. The main problem for me is that I cannot seem to create mulitple, different sized, pages on one doent. This is a feature that you can't seem to find on many design/layout applications these days. So if anyone can tell me how to do this in InDesign or can tell me any programs that they know of that can support multiple ...

  1. #1

    Default Multiple Page sizes in one doent IDCS2

    Topic
    Multiple Page sizes in one doent

    Hi

    I hope someone can help with what may seem as simple straight forward question.

    I am running a trial copy of InDesign and I am trying to decide whether to buy.
    The main problem for me is that I cannot seem to create mulitple, different sized, pages on one doent. This is a feature that you can't seem to find on many design/layout applications these days.

    So if anyone can tell me how to do this in InDesign or can tell me any programs that they know of that can support multiple sized pages on one doent, please help.

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Taylor123@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Multiple Page sizes in one doent IDCS2

    It's achieved using the book function; search the forum - the question has come up many times.
    DavidT Guest

  3. #3

    You can create multiple page sizes with the new beta plug-in called Page Control:

    <http://indesignsecrets.com/dtptools-releases-astonishing-plug-in-beta.php>
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Wow. Sounds cool.
    DavidT Guest

  5. #5

    sized, pages on one doent. This is a feature that you can't seem to
    find on many design/layout applications these days.

    Depending on how the job will be output, multiple page sizes and/or orientations can be either a godsend or a disaster. If you're preparing the jobs for high-end printing, I strongly encourage you to discuss multiple page sizes with your print service provider before proceeding.
    Brutus_Maximus@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Steve.

    Top tip. Sorry I haven't got back to thank you for your help sooner, I have been playing with our new toy. The Plug-Ins see to fix all the issues we had. I would encourage anyone that is reading this thread to check on the other Plug-Ins on www.dtptools.com.

    Thanks again Steve - you should be getting paid for this.
    Taylor123@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    But what are the problems going to be when you give that file to someone who does not have that plugin?
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Dear Buko.

    Good question. But one that doesn't apply to us. I'll do a couple of tests here on monday. and I'll let you know the out come. Basically the plan for us is that we will use this to produce advert templates. (Same info different sizes) These will then be exported together and sent to different locations.

    I'll be in touch
    Taylor123@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Buko,

    There is a free "reader" which the print service provider can use to output the file, as I recall. I installed it, but finished playing with it and uninstalled it so I don't have access to the info at the moment.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    There is a free "reader" which the print service provider can use to output
    the file

    I hope this free reader allows any and all types of editing that does not involve changing page sizes or orientations. Otherwise the service providers would be unable to make the usual last minute changes.

    Al Ferrari
    AlFerrari Guest

  11. #11

    Steve,

    How do master pages work in a doent with multiple page sizes created using this plugin?
    Peter_Truskier@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    I don't have it installed anymore and don't recall. I'd download the free beta and play with it.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    I'd download the free beta and play with it.

    I guess I should...
    Peter_Truskier@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    One way to overcome this is to bring your different size doents into the book palette and that way you can manage them as one file (containing multiple doents) you can print them out as one file as well. Apart from that Indesign doesn't allow different size pages in the one doent, unless there is a plug-in out there somewhere.

    Cheers.
    thomas_marotta@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    > unless there is a plug-in out there somewhere.

    See post two.

    Bob
    Bob Guest