Professional Web Applications Themes

Multiple Questions Involving X-Code - Mac Programming

1. How do you set the organization name? The template puts '__MY_COMPANY_NAME__' or something really close. 2. Is there an easy way to install header files into frameworks you build? As in not having to manually create directories and symlinks. Thanks for your help....

  1. #1

    Default Multiple Questions Involving X-Code

    1. How do you set the organization name? The template puts
    '__MY_COMPANY_NAME__' or something really close.

    2. Is there an easy way to install header files into frameworks you
    build? As in not having to manually create directories and symlinks.

    Thanks for your help.
    John Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Multiple Questions Involving X-Code

    In article <210120041803172617%com>, John Doe
    <com> wrote:

    Also, what free ways are there to develop Carbon CFM apps that can run
    in classic? Those apps can't use nibs either, right?
    John Guest

  3. #3

    In article <210120041803172617%com>,
    John Doe <com> wrote:

    Type this on the command line (all on one line), substituting your
    company's name as appropriate:

    defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions {
    ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; }

    Add the header to your target and mark it as public. Xcode should do
    the right thing from there.

    Hope this helps,
    Eric

    --
    Eric Albert stanford.edu
    http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~ejalbert/

  4. #4

    In article <210120041941502848%com>,
    John Doe <com> wrote:

    MPW in Classic is the only way to do this for free. Most people use
    CodeWarrior to build Classic apps.

    Nibs are supported in Carbon, at least back to Mac OS 8.6. They work in
    both Mach-O (which is Mac OS X-only) and CFM (Mac OS 7/8/9 and Mac OS X).

    Hope this helps,
    Eric

  5. #5

    In article <stanford.edu>, Eric
    Albert <stanford.edu> wrote:

    > Type this on the command line (all on one line), substituting your
    > company's name as appropriate:
    >
    > defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions {
    > ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; }
    >[/ref]
    Why doesn't Apple provide a GUI way to set this? And where the Hell is
    it doented?

    Wait, it aint working. If I type it like you said, it tells me "Could
    not p: {. Try single-quoting it."

    > Add the header to your target and mark it as public. Xcode should do
    > the right thing from there.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Eric[/ref]
    John Guest

  6. #6

    In article <220120040341187635%com>,
    John Doe <com> wrote:

    > > Type this on the command line (all on one line), substituting your
    > > company's name as appropriate:
    > >
    > > defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions {
    > > ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; }
    > >[/ref]
    > Why doesn't Apple provide a GUI way to set this? And where the Hell is
    > it doented?
    >
    > Wait, it aint working. If I type it like you said, it tells me "Could
    > not p: {. Try single-quoting it."

    > > Add the header to your target and mark it as public. Xcode should do
    > > the right thing from there.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps,
    > > Eric[/ref][/ref]

    You can use the PropertyList Editor if you want to.
    Just double click on com.apple.Xcode.
    Where is that file you ask? Just do a Find.
    And yes I agree with you that it should be doented. It was in PB as I
    recall.

    But what's life as a programmer without a bit of folklore, eh?

    respect.....

    Peter
    Peter Guest

  7. #7

    Hi,
     [/ref][/ref]

    Peter Teeson <com> writes:

    I'd guess the right way to change the templates is to change the
    templates. They used to be just files somewhere with ProjectBuilder,
    don't know for XCode though.

    benny
    Benjamin Guest

  8. #8

    In article
    <bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, Peter
    Teeson <com> wrote:

    > > Why doesn't Apple provide a GUI way to set this? And where the Hell is
    > > it doented?
    > >
    > > Wait, it aint working. If I type it like you said, it tells me "Could
    > > not p: {. Try single-quoting it."
    > > [/ref]
    >
    > You can use the PropertyList Editor if you want to.
    > Just double click on com.apple.Xcode.
    > Where is that file you ask? Just do a Find.[/ref]
    I know exactly where it is.

    While I'm here, how does one make an app do something while idle? Put
    another way, how do you make RAEL call stuff when no events are
    actually happening?
    John Guest

  9. #9

    Albert <stanford.edu> wrote:

    > Type this on the command line (all on one line), substituting your
    > company's name as appropriate:
    >
    > defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions {
    > ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; }[/ref]
    I'm sorry but I can't find this in com.apple.Xcode either.

    > Add the header to your target and mark it as public. Xcode should do
    > the right thing from there.[/ref]
    Sorry again, but I don't see the option to mark the header public. And
    by add it to the target, what stage do you mean?
    John Guest

  10. #10

    In article <220120041250078661%com>,
    John Doe <com> wrote:
    <snip> [/ref][/ref]
    <snip>
    > I know exactly where it is.
    >[/ref]
    You asked about a GUI to access the property list. PropertyList Editor
    is such an app.

    And you will not find the PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions dictionary
    in the com.apple.Xcode file. You have to add it. Then add the entries
    you desire.

    You can do this either by the way Eric showed you or you can use the GUI
    to add a new item and set its value.

    As a matter of fact you can add any number of custom macro definitions
    of your choice into the PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions dictionary.

    respect...

    Peter
    Peter Guest

  11. #11

    In article <benny.turtle-trading.net>,
    Benjamin Riefenstahl <de> wrote:
     [/ref]

    > Peter Teeson <com> writes:
    >
    > I'd guess the right way to change the templates is to change the
    > templates. They used to be just files somewhere with ProjectBuilder,
    > don't know for XCode though.
    >
    > benny[/ref]

    You could do that but then you'd have to edit all of them. By using the
    com.apple.Xcode file and it's capabilites you do not need to mess with
    the templates, which may get overriden with some future release of XCode.

    I prefer to edit the com.apple.Xcode file. It may get overriden in some
    future release but it's a lot less work to re-enter there if you forget
    to back it up beforehand.

    chacun a son gout I guess.

    respect....

    Peter
    Peter Guest

  12. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    John Guest
    Moderated Post

  13. #13

    In article <230120040135140021%com>,
    John Doe <com> wrote:

    I haven't done it, but it looks like this is how you do it. Select your
    target in your project window, and you'll see all of your files in the
    right-hand pane. There's a "Role" column which has a popup for each
    header, where you can choose public, private, or "project", whatever
    that is.
    Michael Guest

  14. #14

    John Doe <com> wrote:

    > > Type this on the command line (all on one line), substituting your
    > > company's name as appropriate:
    > >
    > > defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions {
    > > ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; }
    > >[/ref]
    > Why doesn't Apple provide a GUI way to set this? And where the Hell is
    > it doented?
    >
    > Wait, it aint working. If I type it like you said, it tells me "Could
    > not p: {. Try single-quoting it."[/ref]

    Perhaps you should try single-quoting it. :)

    defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions '{
    ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; }'

    -Eric

  15. #15

    In article <220120041250078661%com>,
    John Doe <com> wrote:

    (Please ask each new question in a new thread. Thanks.)

    Use a Carbon event loop timer and do your stuff from there.

    Hope this helps,
    Eric

  16. #16

    Teeson <com> wrote:

    > > Why doesn't Apple provide a GUI way to set this? And where the Hell is
    > > it doented?
    > >
    > > Wait, it aint working. If I type it like you said, it tells me "Could
    > > not p: {. Try single-quoting it."
    > > [/ref]
    >
    > You can use the PropertyList Editor if you want to.
    > Just double click on com.apple.Xcode.
    > Where is that file you ask? Just do a Find.
    > And yes I agree with you that it should be doented. It was in PB as I
    > recall.
    >
    > But what's life as a programmer without a bit of folklore, eh?
    >
    > respect.....
    >
    > Peter[/ref]

    Looks like it actually was doented. It was under Help->Show Expert
    Preferences Notes.
    John Guest