Professional Web Applications Themes

Murray, Site Check Please - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you take another peek today and give me your thoughts? [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url] Thanks a lot, Brad...

  1. #1

    Default Murray, Site Check Please

    Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you take
    another peek today and give me your thoughts?

    [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]

    Thanks a lot,

    Brad

    Brad Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Murray, Site Check Please

    Brad:

    Size of all images: 65.606 kB
    Size of HTML-source: 16.969 kB
    Size of whole page: 82.575 kB

    That's 30% better than the 128K before.

    Your Flash is 90K - that's 80% better than before! A total page weight of
    170K is still to large, but it's way better.

    And you still have too many sproket holes in the film....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you take
    > another peek today and give me your thoughts?
    >
    > [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Brad

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Yeah I didn't work on the sprocket holes last night, the weight of the page
    was a bigger concern. :)

    So what is a proper page weight? 140kb? lower?

    Thanks

    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > Brad:
    >
    > Size of all images: 65.606 kB
    > Size of HTML-source: 16.969 kB
    > Size of whole page: 82.575 kB
    >
    > That's 30% better than the 128K before.
    >
    > Your Flash is 90K - that's 80% better than before! A total page weight of
    > 170K is still to large, but it's way better.
    >
    > And you still have too many sproket holes in the film....
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > ==================
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    > ANSWERS
    > ==================
    > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > ==================
    >
    > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > > Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you take
    > > another peek today and give me your thoughts?
    > >
    > > [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot,
    > >
    > > Brad

    Brad Guest

  4. #4

    Brad:

    40-45K is the target weight FOR ENGAGING CONTENT. If you can provide your
    visitor with enough content to occupy them then the remainder of the page
    weight is almost irrelevant....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Yeah I didn't work on the sprocket holes last night, the weight of the
    page
    > was a bigger concern. :)
    >
    > So what is a proper page weight? 140kb? lower?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > > Brad:
    > >
    > > Size of all images: 65.606 kB
    > > Size of HTML-source: 16.969 kB
    > > Size of whole page: 82.575 kB
    > >
    > > That's 30% better than the 128K before.
    > >
    > > Your Flash is 90K - that's 80% better than before! A total page weight
    of
    > > 170K is still to large, but it's way better.
    > >
    > > And you still have too many sproket holes in the film....
    > >
    > > --
    > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > ==================
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    GET
    > > ANSWERS
    > > ==================
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > > ==================
    > >
    > > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > > > Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you
    take
    > > > another peek today and give me your thoughts?
    > > >
    > > > [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]
    > > >
    > > > Thanks a lot,
    > > >
    > > > Brad

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    I've been waiting over 4minutes now and still it says 2 items remaining. Not
    good...

    (56K modem)

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you take
    > another peek today and give me your thoughts?
    >
    > [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Brad

    DiMa Guest

  6. #6

    been 10 minutes since I replied to this and still...2 items remaining...

    DiMa
    --------------------

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > I've been waiting over 4minutes now and still it says 2 items remaining. Not
    > good...
    >
    > (56K modem)
    >
    > --
    > --
    > DiMa
    > --------------------
    > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    > posts:
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    >

    > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > > Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you take
    > > another peek today and give me your thoughts?
    > >
    > > [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot,
    > >
    > > Brad

    DiMa Guest

  7. #7

    I do have flash 6 installed. Still just sits there saying 2 items remaining.

    DiMa
    --------------------

    > If you don't have Flash 5 or 6 installed you won't get those two items. I
    > don't have image placeholders in place for them yet either.
    >
    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > been 10 minutes since I replied to this and still...2 items remaining...
    > >
    > > --
    > > --
    > > DiMa
    > > --------------------
    > > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    > your
    > > posts:
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > > For Answers, check here first:
    > >
    > [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > er
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > >

    > > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > > I've been waiting over 4minutes now and still it says 2 items remaining.
    > Not
    > > > good...
    > > >
    > > > (56K modem)
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > --
    > > > DiMa
    > > > --------------------
    > > > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    > your
    > > > posts:
    > > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > > > For Answers, check here first:
    > > >

    > [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > er
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > > >

    > > > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > take

    DiMa Guest

  8. #8

    Well I don't know what to say then because it isn't that large. something
    that is 90k would open after 10 minutes on any modem, that isn't
    disconnected.

    > I do have flash 6 installed. Still just sits there saying 2 items
    remaining.

    > --
    > --
    > DiMa
    > --------------------
    > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    your
    > posts:
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    er
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    >

    > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > > If you don't have Flash 5 or 6 installed you won't get those two items.
    > > don't have image placeholders in place for them yet either.
    > >
    > > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > > been 10 minutes since I replied to this and still...2 items
    remaining...

    > > > --
    > > > --
    > > > DiMa
    > > > --------------------
    > > > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    > > your
    > > > posts:
    > > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > > > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > > er
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > > >

    > > > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > Not

    > > your

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > > er

    > > take

    Brad Guest

  9. #9

    Dunno, I'm obviously connected or I wouldn't be sending this to you! ;)

    DiMa
    --------------------

    > Well I don't know what to say then because it isn't that large. something
    > that is 90k would open after 10 minutes on any modem, that isn't
    > disconnected.
    >

    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > I do have flash 6 installed. Still just sits there saying 2 items
    > remaining.
    > >
    > > --
    > > --
    > > DiMa
    > > --------------------
    > > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    > your
    > > posts:
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > > For Answers, check here first:
    > >
    > [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > er
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > >

    > > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > > > If you don't have Flash 5 or 6 installed you won't get those two items.
    > > > don't have image placeholders in place for them yet either.
    > > >
    > > > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > remaining...

    > > > your
    > > > >

    > [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > > > er

    > remaining.
    > > > Not

    > > > your
    > > > > >

    > [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > > > er

    > you
    > > > take

    DiMa Guest

  10. #10

    touche

    > Dunno, I'm obviously connected or I wouldn't be sending this to you! ;)
    >
    > --
    > --
    > DiMa
    > --------------------
    > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    your
    > posts:
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    er
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    >

    > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > > Well I don't know what to say then because it isn't that large.
    something
    > > that is 90k would open after 10 minutes on any modem, that isn't
    > > disconnected.
    > >

    > > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > > I do have flash 6 installed. Still just sits there saying 2 items
    > > remaining.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > --
    > > > DiMa
    > > > --------------------
    > > > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    > > your
    > > > posts:
    > > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > > > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]
    > > er
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > > >

    > > > "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message

    > > remaining...

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]

    > > remaining.

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea v[/url]

    > > you

    Brad Guest

  11. #11

    Yeah, I found that out yesterday, but forgot to change it. Thanks for the
    reminder!

    "Nigel Hodgetts" <it.nigel.hodgettsoldham.gov.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi Brad,
    >
    > Your in bottom, text navigation bar all of the links are 'file' links
    > pointing to files on your C drive!
    >
    > HTH
    > Nigel H
    >
    > Brad wrote:
    >
    > >Murray, we rapped back and forth a lot about my homepage, could you take
    > >another peek today and give me your thoughts?
    > >
    > >[url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]
    > >
    > >Thanks a lot,
    > >
    > >Brad

    Brad Guest