Professional Web Applications Themes

MX library items with swap image error message prob - Macromedia Dreamweaver

We too have been experiencing this error. The hundreds of error messages each time we update wastes about an hour of our time each day. The pages work perfectly. The error is in error, and there's no obvious way to disable it. It's among the worst problems we've had with DreamWeaver, it seems that several people are experiencing it, and it is offensive to see that no one representing macromedia has tried to address it....

  1. #1

    Default Re: MX library items with swap image error message prob

    dtfinch webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    > We too have been experiencing this error. The hundreds of error messages each
    > time we update wastes about an hour of our time each day. The pages work
    > perfectly. The error is in error, and there's no obvious way to disable it.
    > It's among the worst problems we've had with DreamWeaver, it seems that
    > several people are experiencing it, and it is offensive to see that no one
    > representing macromedia has tried to address it.
    Okay- i looked in the webforum- this is a reply to a message from sept/2002.

    So- What is the error message. is it "cannot copy swap image behavior" ?

    what version of Dreamweaver?
    If DMX, have you installed the 6.1 updater??

    a url to a page?? and what exactly does the code in this library item look
    like?

    is the library item in a template? if so- is there an editable region in
    the head of the doent named head ?? URL would help.

    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Alan Ames Guest

  3. #3

    dt:

    Be aware that if you require a response from Macromedia, then you must
    contact them directly.

    Be additionally aware that I personally spend quite a considerable amount of
    my time attempting to address issues just such as you have described. I
    must have hundreds of posts here asking to be shown the code, or to be sent
    the site. Have you done that?

    Or are you just here to complain?

    I use DMX every day. I use Templates and Library Items as much as anyone on
    this board, I'll bet. I have never found this error to occur without a
    discernable reason. Has it happened to me? Yes, rarely. Have I been able
    to fix it and prevent it from happening further? Yes.

    How's about you?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "dtfinch" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > We too have been experiencing this error. The hundreds of error messages
    each time we update wastes about an hour of our time each day. The pages
    work perfectly. The error is in error, and there's no obvious way to disable
    it. It's among the worst problems we've had with DreamWeaver, it seems that
    several people are experiencing it, and it is offensive to see that no one
    representing macromedia has tried to address it.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    It's actually our web designer who's been experiencing the problem. I code all of the asp pages, while he works on the interface. He said that when he updates a library item, the error appears for every page, with every library item containing links, even the plain html ones that don't have rollovers. This really slowed down updates, requiring him to click OK about a hundred times for each. All of the pages work fine, and all of the rollover images pre-load without a problem. The problem has apparently been going on for several months, and he brought it to my attention today. On google I found no results relating to the error message. And when I searched here, I found dozens of reports of this exact problem with no visible solutions given, which made me a bit angry over the apparent quality of customer support, and I apologize for letting that show in my post. We're using DreamWeaver MX. None of the library items or pages use templates.

    Shortly after posting, I installed a freeware program called ClickOff on his computer, so now the messages appear as little more than brief flickers during library updates.

    dtfinch webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    dt:

    Please zip the library folder and enough of your pages for me to recreate
    the problem. Send them to me at my forum email address after removing the
    HAHA from it. I'll be happy to take a look and tell you why it's happening.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575