Professional Web Applications Themes

My $366 Vista PC - Windows Vista

Hello! [url]http://www.sellsbrothers.com/news/showTopic.aspx?ixTopic=1972[/url] Fry's Genuine Quality 3131 PC: $170.99 1.67GHz CPU 128MB of RAM 40GB HD 10/100 integrated Ethernet 56KB modem card 52X CD-ROM Stereo speakers Keyboard + Mouse (including roller ball) ATI Radeon 9550, AGP 8x/4x, 256MB DDR RAM: $94.99 1GB RAM SIMM(for a total of 1.1GB of RAM): $99.99 I then added an LCD panel and a DVD drive I had laying around. Total cost $365.97. Roman...

  1. #1

    Default My $366 Vista PC

    Hello!

    [url]http://www.sellsbrothers.com/news/showTopic.aspx?ixTopic=1972[/url]
    Fry's Genuine Quality 3131 PC: $170.99
    1.67GHz CPU
    128MB of RAM
    40GB HD
    10/100 integrated Ethernet
    56KB modem card
    52X CD-ROM
    Stereo speakers
    Keyboard + Mouse (including roller ball)
    ATI Radeon 9550, AGP 8x/4x, 256MB DDR RAM: $94.99
    1GB RAM SIMM(for a total of 1.1GB of RAM): $99.99

    I then added an LCD panel and a DVD drive I had laying around. Total cost $365.97.
    Roman

    roman modic Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: My $366 Vista PC

    And you have installed Vista on it?
    Andre
    Windows Connect | [url]http://www.windowsconnected.com[/url]
    Extended64 | [url]http://www.extended64.com[/url]
    Blog | [url]http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre[/url]
    [url]http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta[/url]

    "roman modic" <modicrastral-it.com> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > [url]http://www.sellsbrothers.com/news/showTopic.aspx?ixTopic=1972[/url]
    >
    > Fry's Genuine Quality 3131 PC: $170.99
    > 1.67GHz CPU
    > 128MB of RAM
    > 40GB HD
    > 10/100 integrated Ethernet
    > 56KB modem card
    > 52X CD-ROM
    > Stereo speakers
    > Keyboard + Mouse (including roller ball)
    > ATI Radeon 9550, AGP 8x/4x, 256MB DDR RAM: $94.99
    > 1GB RAM SIMM(for a total of 1.1GB of RAM): $99.99
    >
    > I then added an LCD panel and a DVD drive I had laying around. Total cost
    > $365.97.
    >

    > Roman

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] Guest

  3. #3

    Hello!

    "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <andred25hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3ixDIOTGHA.5108TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > And you have installed Vista on it?
    No. not me - Chris Sells has:
    [url]http://www.sellsbrothers.com/news/showTopic.aspx?ixTopic=1972[/url]
    At 12:04am, I started the Vista Feb '06 CTP installation. At 12:44am, I was running Vista, it having recognized all of hardware
    (except the sound device) from my $366 PC, including enabling those cool "glass" effects and the nifty animations, integrated search
    and all the neat things you've read about in the Vista reviews.

    I know I work for "the man," but even so, I'm seriously impressed. The install was fast and seamless. The performance is way better
    than I thought it would be. And the little UI tricks are fabulous. I can't do any media stuff 'cuz my audio device wasn't
    recognized, but it was cool when I tried to play video and a DVD, that the Vista Media Center UI came up (my complete home
    entertainment needs are served with a coupla TVs, a Media Center PC and an XBox).

    I know, I know, I got the OS for free, but come on! It's still beta and it runs great on my cheapo PC! I don't know what Vista's
    going to go for, but I bet the whole she-bang (including LCD panel and DVD drive) could be had for ~$500 when Vista ships. Plus,
    I've only been playing with it for about an hour, but I already don't want to go back to my XP boxes...

    P.S. This post was composed and posted from "visto," my new Vista PC.

    Chris Sells , Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:15 AM
    Roman

    roman modic Guest

  4. #4

    Nice <G>

    --
    Zack Whittaker
    ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]

    --- Original message follows ---
    > Hello!
    >
    > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <andred25hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> And you have installed Vista on it?
    >
    > No. not me - Chris Sells has:
    > [url]http://www.sellsbrothers.com/news/showTopic.aspx?ixTopic=1972[/url]
    >
    > At 12:04am, I started the Vista Feb '06 CTP installation. At 12:44am, I
    > was running Vista, it having recognized all of hardware (except the sound
    > device) from my $366 PC, including enabling those cool "glass" effects and
    > the nifty animations, integrated search and all the neat things you've
    > read about in the Vista reviews.
    >
    > I know I work for "the man," but even so, I'm seriously impressed. The
    > install was fast and seamless. The performance is way better than I
    > thought it would be. And the little UI tricks are fabulous. I can't do any
    > media stuff 'cuz my audio device wasn't recognized, but it was cool when I
    > tried to play video and a DVD, that the Vista Media Center UI came up (my
    > complete home entertainment needs are served with a coupla TVs, a Media
    > Center PC and an XBox).
    >
    > I know, I know, I got the OS for free, but come on! It's still beta and it
    > runs great on my cheapo PC! I don't know what Vista's going to go for, but
    > I bet the whole she-bang (including LCD panel and DVD drive) could be had
    > for ~$500 when Vista ships. Plus, I've only been playing with it for about
    > an hour, but I already don't want to go back to my XP boxes...
    >
    > P.S. This post was composed and posted from "visto," my new Vista PC.
    >
    > Chris Sells , Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:15 AM
    >

    > Roman

    Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\) Guest

  5. #5

    > I know I work for "the man," but even so, I'm seriously impressed. The
    > install was fast and seamless. The performance is way better than I
    > thought it would be. And the little UI tricks are fabulous. I can't do any
    > media stuff 'cuz my audio device wasn't recognized, but it was cool when I
    > tried to play video and a DVD, that the Vista Media Center UI came up (my
    > complete home entertainment needs are served with a coupla TVs, a Media
    > Center PC and an XBox).
    >
    > I know, I know, I got the OS for free, but come on! It's still beta and it
    > runs great on my cheapo PC! I don't know what Vista's going to go for, but
    > I bet the whole she-bang (including LCD panel and DVD drive) could be had
    > for ~$500 when Vista ships. Plus, I've only been playing with it for about
    > an hour, but I already don't want to go back to my XP boxes...
    >
    > P.S. This post was composed and posted from "visto," my new Vista PC.

    <<<Big laugh>>>

    You are running Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670 as your news
    reader. Do you really expect us to believe that you posted this on your new
    computer using Vista (which uses Microsoft Mail - BTW)?
    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from George Ankner:

    Richard Urban Guest

  6. #6

    He was quoting someone else... Roman has OE 6.0 as do I at the moment,
    seeing as I prefer OE still for newsgrouping :o)

  7. #7

    I am between Vista and XP. :)