Professional Web Applications Themes

My Garden - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Once again I have posted some new images of my garden. While there is still lots to learn and ways to improve I am now getting images that I am becoming pleased with. Please come on over to my garden and sit a spell. -- Grant Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url] Challenge Pages: [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gardens/[/url] ************************************************** ******* Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated. Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966) ************************************************** *******...

  1. #1

    Default My Garden

    --
    Grant

    Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url]

    Challenge Pages: [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gardens/[/url]

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: My Garden

    Those are beautiful ! Your eye is perfect !
    Jodi Frye Guest

  3. #3

    Very nice, Grant. Those are my kind of images! Can I borrow a couple? :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    I'd rather borrow the garden. I adore day lilies. I have a few pink ones out back. They have somehow managed to survive the wet spring we've had and the terrible soil they are growing in.
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  5. #5

    JoAnn,

    Where are you located geographically?

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  6. #6

    Also the heart of the "Pennsylvania Dutch/Deutsch" area, too, is it not? I have some research to do there; wanna help me out?! :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  7. #7

    Beth, please don't mix up "deutsch" and "dutch". To some people this might be rather sensitive. ;-))

    Dutch is the official language of the Netherlands and a part of Belgium. "Deutsch" is the german word for "german" in their own language.

    It is very well explained here, IMHO rather a interesting article:
    <http://www.kerchner.com/padutch.htm>

    BTW: "Dutch" and "Deutsch" originate from the same word "Dietsch" which means "common people".

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  8. #8

    My wife's family was/is Pennsylvania Deutsch and while they have been in
    North America since 1738 she still claims to have some German blood in her
    veins. For those with a historical active mind her family were United
    Empire Loyalists.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  9. #9

    Leen, the mix-up occurred here in the US many generations ago, where the
    German (Deutsch) immigrant settlers of Pennsylvania became known as....the
    Pennsylvania Dutch (some hearing problems among their neighbors,
    apparently). So I humbly suggest that Beth is quite correct in her use of
    Deutsch to describe the forbears of the residents of the region in which
    JoAnn resides!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  10. #10

    Grant, my first direct ancestor to come to the US was Andreas von Schneider,
    who arrived in Philadelphia in 1759 at the age of 20; he apparently fought
    in the American Revolution for the colonists.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  11. #11

    York isn't in the "heart" of Pennsylvania Dutch country. We're on the other side of the river but it's close enough. There are some Amish farms in southern York County. Land is a bit scarce in Lancaster County. It's beautiful here though - rolling hills, all four seasons, and we have the best tomatoes in this area.

    Beth - if there's anything I can do to help you, please let me know. I'll do the best I can. :-)
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  12. #12

    Chuck, tell me, how did you end up in Texas ?
    Jodi Frye Guest

  13. #13

    My brain is so fried from the heat already, I forgot why I was even at this topic to begin with. Unfortunately, the flowers here are starting to dwindle.

    Grant, it's always a pleasure to visit your beautiful gardens...thanks for sharing your perspective. Lovely photos!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  14. #14

    Barb and Jodi: I was transferred here on a 'temporary rotational
    assignment' in 1986.....still waiting to rotate.....

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  15. #15

    Chuck, I've been meaning to rotate out of here too. Presently, for me, the only rotating is in Elements.

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  16. #16

    Hi Grant, Love your garden pictures!
    Our daylillies are really nice this year due to the rain and cool in the NE USA. I have a few pictures, learning how to do the PSE web galleries, so nice and so easy. All I need now is to get them onto the web, or at least pbase. Flowers are so much fun! Our dogs and grandkids are getting old enough that they don't thrash the gardens so much any more.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  17. #17

    Grant-

    Thanks for the beautiful flower images.

    A curiousity question, since I'm too lazy to figure it out.

    How do you get the gradual fade-in from one image to the next? I have access to PageMill for Web page creation. Do you know if I can do it in that web editor?

    The soft transtion from image to image enhances the lovely soft effect of the flowers.

    Al
    Al Millstein Guest

  18. #18

    GRANT,
    My 'sitting a spell' is always so relaxing in your gardens. Thanks for the invite. My favorite was ..... oh hec, can't decide.
    J0 ANN,
    Thanks for the memory lane from my Cartography class. I lived in Trenton about 10 years so was in Lancaster a couple times...beautiful area.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest

  19. #19

    If anyone is ever in the Lancaster area, drop me a line, we can meet for coffee or tea.

    I'm playing tour guide with friends from Northern Jersey on Friday. We're going to do the "Amish thing". My 1.3MP camera may not be the greatest but it'll do. Too bad there will be a new challenge by then. I can see the little bikers head with a black brimmed hat and beard leading a horse-drawn plough. Too back it's not tobacco harvesting time - lots of wagons around.
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  20. #20

    Al

    It is an effect that take advantage of a little bit of gee-wow that
    Microsoft built into Internet Explorer. Add this code in the header and
    the first line fades-in the second line fades-out, the duration is in
    seconds.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast