Professional Web Applications Themes

MyCC & MySQL compatability issues - MySQL

I'm new to MySQL and I have just downloaded and installed MySQL 5.0.24-windows together with MyCC 0.9.2-beta from MySQL.com. I have managed to get MySQL running as a windows service but couldn't get a connection through MyCC. I get a message saying something about the correct protocol not being available and suggesting I upgrade to a newer version of MySQL. Since this is the latest stable version available I am coming around to the view that they are incompatible. I have managed to connect using the command line in MySQL Command Line Client but I was hoping to use the ...

  1. #1

    Default MyCC & MySQL compatability issues

    I'm new to MySQL and I have just downloaded and installed MySQL
    5.0.24-windows together with MyCC 0.9.2-beta from MySQL.com.

    I have managed to get MySQL running as a windows service but couldn't get a
    connection through MyCC. I get a message saying something about the correct
    protocol not being available and suggesting I upgrade to a newer version of
    MySQL. Since this is the latest stable version available I am coming around
    to the view that they are incompatible. I have managed to connect using the
    command line in MySQL Command Line Client but I was hoping to use the GUI
    I/F from MyCC to work with my tables.

    I am using Win XP Home on an AMD 64 system with acres of memory.

    Any ideas?

    Venthi Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MyCC & MySQL compatability issues

    Venthi wrote:
    > I'm new to MySQL and I have just downloaded and installed MySQL
    > 5.0.24-windows together with MyCC 0.9.2-beta from MySQL.com.
    >
    > I have managed to get MySQL running as a windows service but couldn't get a
    > connection through MyCC. I get a message saying something about the correct
    > protocol not being available and suggesting I upgrade to a newer version of
    > MySQL. Since this is the latest stable version available I am coming around
    > to the view that they are incompatible. I have managed to connect using the
    > command line in MySQL Command Line Client but I was hoping to use the GUI
    > I/F from MyCC to work with my tables.
    >
    > I am using Win XP Home on an AMD 64 system with acres of memory.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    MyCC has been discontinued years ago.
    You can do one of the following:
    a) use MyCC 0.9.7 which has been "resurrected" by an enthusiast programmer
    [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqlcc/[/url]
    b) Use the currently supported GUI tools from MySQL
    [url]http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html[/url]

    ciao
    gmax

    --
    _ _ _ _
    (_|| | |(_|>< The Data Charmer

  3. #3

    Venthi wrote:
    > I'm new to MySQL and I have just downloaded and installed MySQL
    > 5.0.24-windows together with MyCC 0.9.2-beta from MySQL.com.
    MySQL has been pretty clear for many months that MyCC doesn't work with
    newer versions of MySQL Server. MyCC is not supported anymore.

    Where are you finding MyCC for download? I can't even find it anymore.

    You should use their newer GUI tools:
    [url]http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html[/url]

    Regards,
    Bill K.
    Bill Karwin Guest

  4. #4

    "Bill Karwin" <billkarwin.com> wrote in message
    > Venthi wrote:
    << MySQL has been pretty clear for many months that MyCC doesn't work with
    newer versions of MySQL Server. MyCC is not supported anymore.
    Where are you finding MyCC for download? I can't even find it anymore.>>

    I only started on MySQL a couple of days ago so I haven't absorbed all the
    folklaw yet but I googled "MyCC", which I had discovered on the University
    of Johannesburg's site, and a later version, 0.9.2-beta, showed up on
    MySQL.com.

    Thanks for the reply both of you.

    Venthi Guest