Professional Web Applications Themes

mysql - SCO

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, willjay wrote:  I usually have them on ftp.zenez.com in the pub/zenez/prgms directory. I had my 200GB HD suddenly become unaccessible From what I can tell it downloaded the new >132 GB supplement and now divvy shows it as not an HTFS file system. Sadly I had a major lighting strike that destroyed my backup device so I do not have a back up. I am trying to figure out how to best describe my problem so that some how I can get the data off the disk. If not I will have to start all ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: mysql

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, willjay wrote:

    I usually have them on ftp.zenez.com in the pub/zenez/prgms directory.
    I had my 200GB HD suddenly become unaccessible From what I can tell it
    downloaded the new >132 GB supplement and now divvy shows it as not an
    HTFS file system. Sadly I had a major lighting strike that destroyed my
    backup device so I do not have a back up. I am trying to figure out how
    to best describe my problem so that some how I can get the data off the
    disk. If not I will have to start all over with my OSR 5.0.7 system and
    rebuild binaries. MySQL uses my machines to make their binaries so they
    have not been able to build them. Also as I understand it they removed
    the part of the download of SCO binaries in support for the anti linux/
    IBM legal action. I hope to get this fixed in the near future.

    Boyd Gerber
    com
    Boyd Guest

  2. #2

    Default mysql

    Are there binaries for mysql on Openserver 5.0? and where would they be?
    Has anyone comments regarding mysql? Thanks wj

    willjay Guest

  3. #3

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:58:09 -0500, "willjay" <com>
    wrote:

    MySQL is covered by the GPL licence, and since SCO do not recognise
    this licence (indeed, they are actively violating it by stealing the
    work producted by authors under GPL and selling it as their own work)
    then using GPL'ed products could lead to you facing criminal action.

    However, as with all things SCO, if you don't mind paying $495 to run
    a licenced copy of MySQL on the SCO platform, then you too can
    experience what the Linux community get for free!

    Isn't it great, being chained to a proprietory software vendor!? ;-)

    Good luck!

    --
    FyRE < "War: The way Americans learn geography" >
    FyRE Guest

  4. #4

    willjay typed (on Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 05:58:09PM -0500):
    | Are there binaries for mysql on Openserver 5.0? and where would they be?
    | Has anyone comments regarding mysql? Thanks wj

    They'd be in Skunkware.

    --
    JP
    Jean-Pierre Guest

  5. #5

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, willjay wrote:

    The source should compile on all OSR 5.0.X I usualy test that is works on
    OSR 5.0.5-7 and UnixWare 7.1.X

  6. #6

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, willjay wrote:

    > > The source should compile on all OSR 5.0.X I usualy test that is works on
    > > OSR 5.0.5-7 and UnixWare 7.1.X
    > >
    > > I usually have them on ftp.zenez.com in the pub/zenez/prgms directory.
    > > I had my 200GB HD suddenly become unaccessible From what I can tell it
    > > downloaded the new >132 GB supplement and now divvy shows it as not an
    > > HTFS file system. Sadly I had a major lighting strike that destroyed my
    > > backup device so I do not have a back up. I am trying to figure out how
    > > to best describe my problem so that some how I can get the data off the
    > > disk. If not I will have to start all over with my OSR 5.0.7 system and
    > > rebuild binaries. MySQL uses my machines to make their binaries so they
    > > have not been able to build them. Also as I understand it they removed
    > > the part of the download of SCO binaries in support for the anti linux/
    > > IBM legal action. I hope to get this fixed in the near future.
    > >
    > > Boyd Gerber
    > > com[/ref]
    >
    > Could you provide a compile script? I have version 4 source installed.
    >
    > I'm not sure the configure option or
    > the compiler options to use.
    >
    > There is mention of using the gcc make vs I guess the cc make with OSR
    > developement system and somthing about include files.
    >
    > I also have installed FSPthreads from skunkware not sure if that's the right
    > version.[/ref]

    You need the newer version of FSU-threads. I should have my ftp site up
    monday or tuesdays. You can find the new version on some of the mirrors
    with ftp under the SCO directory. I did a custom 3.14 if I remember. It
    was put on the archive.

    They may be

    CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" CXX="gcc" CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LD=$CC ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
    --enable-thread-safe-client --with-berkeley-db=./bdb --with-innodb
    --with-extra-chts=complex

    CC=gcc CXX=gcc ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
    --enable-thread-safe-client --with-berkeley-db=./bdb --with-innodb

    Right now I can not get to a site with the options. I may have posted
    them on the mysql list or on the news group If not you will have to wait
    till Monday or Tuesday.

    Boyd Gerber
    com
    Boyd Guest

  7. #7

    That's an older version. They are up to version 4 on www.mysql.com. I
    downloaded the source and am dinking with it. Now. Thanks wj

    "Jean-Pierre Radley" <com> wrote in message

    willjay Guest

  8. #8

    "Boyd Gerber" <zenez.com> wrote in message

    > The source should compile on all OSR 5.0.X I usualy test that is works on
    > OSR 5.0.5-7 and UnixWare 7.1.X
    >
    > I usually have them on ftp.zenez.com in the pub/zenez/prgms directory.
    > I had my 200GB HD suddenly become unaccessible From what I can tell it
    > downloaded the new >132 GB supplement and now divvy shows it as not an
    > HTFS file system. Sadly I had a major lighting strike that destroyed my
    > backup device so I do not have a back up. I am trying to figure out how
    > to best describe my problem so that some how I can get the data off the
    > disk. If not I will have to start all over with my OSR 5.0.7 system and
    > rebuild binaries. MySQL uses my machines to make their binaries so they
    > have not been able to build them. Also as I understand it they removed
    > the part of the download of SCO binaries in support for the anti linux/
    > IBM legal action. I hope to get this fixed in the near future.
    >
    > Boyd Gerber
    > com[/ref]

    Could you provide a compile script? I have version 4 source installed.

    I'm not sure the configure option or
    the compiler options to use.

    There is mention of using the gcc make vs I guess the cc make with OSR
    developement system and somthing about include files.

    I also have installed FSPthreads from skunkware not sure if that's the right
    version.

    Help appreciated.
    wj

    willjay Guest

  9. #9

    "Boyd Gerber" <zenez.com> wrote in message
    news:zenez.com... [/ref][/ref]
    be? [/ref][/ref]
    on [/ref][/ref]
    it [/ref][/ref]
    my [/ref][/ref]
    how [/ref][/ref]
    the [/ref][/ref]
    and [/ref][/ref]
    they [/ref][/ref]
    removed [/ref][/ref]
    linux/

    > > Could you provide a compile script? I have version 4 source installed.
    > >
    > > I'm not sure the configure option or
    > > the compiler options to use.
    > >
    > > There is mention of using the gcc make vs I guess the cc make with OSR
    > > developement system and somthing about include files.
    > >
    > > I also have installed FSPthreads from skunkware not sure if that's the[/ref][/ref]
    right

    > You need the newer version of FSU-threads. I should have my ftp site up
    > monday or tuesdays. You can find the new version on some of the mirrors
    > with ftp under the SCO directory. I did a custom 3.14 if I remember. It
    > was put on the archive.
    >
    > They may be
    >
    > CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" CXX="gcc"[/ref]
    CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LD=$CC ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

    I can wait till next week. Thanks wj

    willjay Guest