Professional Web Applications Themes

mysql administrator and phpMyAdmin bad as well - MySQL

Hi I don 't want to start a new troll. But with My phpMyAdmin I have all the difficulties to use the BEGIN END syntax, and I have no tools to work with my triggers and functions. I tried to use mysqli instead of mysql in the config.sample.inc.php but with no result. And with the official mysql client from Mysql.com, the mysql Administrator, I can see my functions, but not my triggers. Is there somewhere a real mysql client with the support of foreign keys, transactionnal syntax, triggers, functions, stored procedures ? Because I m just driving crazy just to ...

  1. #1

    Default mysql administrator and phpMyAdmin bad as well

    Hi

    I don 't want to start a new troll.

    But with My phpMyAdmin I have all the difficulties to use the BEGIN END
    syntax, and I have no tools to work with my triggers and functions. I tried
    to use mysqli instead of mysql in the config.sample.inc.php but with no
    result.

    And with the official mysql client from Mysql.com, the mysql Administrator,
    I can see my functions, but not my triggers.

    Is there somewhere a real mysql client with the support of foreign keys,
    transactionnal syntax, triggers, functions, stored procedures ?

    Because I m just driving crazy just to be able to create my sql elements and
    to SEE them.....

    Thank you veryu much by advanbce, I m pretty sure I am not the only one to
    have these troubles.

    Rgds,

    SL

    slambert Guest

  2. #2

    [Type your reply here]

    "slambert" <net> wrote:

    I just begun to test Toad for MySQL. Although pretty impressive, now i have 3
    combinations of things that don't work the same for the same query.

    But as it goes '95% of computer problems are between the keyboard and the
    chair'.

    ---
    You got to realize you can kill somebody with kindness too.
    - Bob Dylan
    (There is no z in my email address)

    subtenante Guest

  3. #3

    [Type your reply here]

    "slambert" <net> wrote:

    By the way, MySQL Administrator is for administration. Try MySQL Query
    Browser, still from the MySQL website.

    ---

  4. #4

    > By the way, MySQL Administrator is for administration. Try MySQL Query

    Yes, still the troubles with that tool.

    I try SQLyog today, it looks very very well. I have my functions, views,
    procedures, and my triggers as well. The most complete I've found until now.

    But I still have to use a php script with mysqli_connect() to create my sql
    objects with "Begin" and "End" inside....

    Rgds,

    SL

    slambert Guest

  5. #5