Professional Web Applications Themes

MySQL Administrator Sheduler backup ! - MySQL

Hello, I use MySQL Administrator for MySQL database backup but if the manual backup it's ok, the sheduler backup does't work. There are no warning message and the sheduled task are ok ! Have you idear ? Regards...

  1. #1

    Default MySQL Administrator Sheduler backup !

    Hello,

    I use MySQL Administrator for MySQL database backup but if the manual backup
    it's ok, the sheduler backup does't work. There are no warning message and
    the sheduled task are ok !
    Have you idear ?

    Regards

    ParazaR Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MySQL Administrator Sheduler backup !

    "ParazaR" <parazarnowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I use MySQL Administrator for MySQL database backup but if the manual
    > backup it's ok, the sheduler backup does't work. There are no warning
    > message and the sheduled task are ok !
    > Have you idear ?
    What operating system are you using for the MySQL server host? The MySQL
    backup scheduler uses the Windows 2000/XP Schedule service, or else cron on
    UNIX/Linux. Is the appropriate operating system service running?

    How do you know the scheduled tasks are ok? Do you run it manually and have
    the backup output generated correctly?

    Is your server host running at the time you have specified for the backup?

    Have you stored the correct password for the user under which to run the
    scheduled task?

    Does the destination directory for the backup output exist, and is it
    writeable by the user under which to run the scheduled task?

    Just a few ideas to start with...

    Regards,
    Bill K.

    Bill Karwin Guest

  3. #3

    > "ParazaR" <parazarnowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> I use MySQL Administrator for MySQL database backup but if the manual
    >> backup it's ok, the sheduler backup does't work. There are no warning
    >> message and the sheduled task are ok !
    >> Have you idear ?
    Okay, I've tried it myself on Windows XP (I'll assume you're on Windows
    too).
    I saw that the job failed to run at the time I specified, with no obvious
    log information.

    I found How to Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP:
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558[/url]

    Note it tells you to look at C:\Windows\Sschedlgu.txt, which is a text log
    file for the Windows Scheduler. Reading that file on my system, I see the
    following:

    "Test.job" (MySQLAdministrator.exe) 12/19/2005 11:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
    The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed;
    therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account
    information existed for the task.
    The specific error is:
    0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler
    security database for the task indicated.

    Googling for the error message in the last line of that log, I found this
    Microsoft support page:
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884573[/url]

    The cause is apparently a "regression" (i.e. a bug) introduced by Windows XP
    SP2. It sounds like they tried to resolve a security vulnerability in Task
    Scheduler, and succeeded in breaking it further!

    They give some workarounds in that support article. I'm using XP Pro SP2,
    so I tried to follow the workaround instructions on my system, but so far it
    has not succeeded in producing a scheduled backup.

    Has anyone else have any luck getting MySQL Backup scheduling to work on XP
    SP2?

    Regards,
    Bill K.

    Bill Karwin Guest

  4. #4

    >> "ParazaR" <parazarnowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>> I use MySQL Administrator for MySQL database backup but if the manual
    >>> backup it's ok, the sheduler backup does't work. There are no warning
    >>> message and the sheduled task are ok !
    >>> Have you idear ?
    >
    > Okay, I've tried it myself on Windows XP (I'll assume you're on Windows
    > too).
    > I saw that the job failed to run at the time I specified, with no obvious
    > log information.
    >
    > I found How to Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP:
    > [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558[/url]
    >
    > Note it tells you to look at C:\Windows\Sschedlgu.txt, which is a text log
    > file for the Windows Scheduler. Reading that file on my system, I see the
    > following:
    >
    > "Test.job" (MySQLAdministrator.exe) 12/19/2005 11:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
    > The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed;
    > therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account
    > information existed for the task.
    > The specific error is:
    > 0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler
    > security database for the task indicated.
    >
    > Googling for the error message in the last line of that log, I found this
    > Microsoft support page:
    > [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884573[/url]
    >
    > The cause is apparently a "regression" (i.e. a bug) introduced by Windows
    > XP SP2. It sounds like they tried to resolve a security vulnerability in
    > Task Scheduler, and succeeded in breaking it further!
    >
    > They give some workarounds in that support article. I'm using XP Pro SP2,
    > so I tried to follow the workaround instructions on my system, but so far
    > it has not succeeded in producing a scheduled backup.
    >
    > Has anyone else have any luck getting MySQL Backup scheduling to work on
    > XP SP2?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bill K.
    Thanks a lot for your solution search.
    Finally, I use another solution :
    I use the Sheduler for run a dos shell with a MySql backup command line and
    work fine :-)

    Regards.

    ParazaR Guest

  5. #5

    Hi all,

    Mysql states that this is a open bug for mysqladministrator 1.9.See
    [url]http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4565[/url] A workaround that is suggested in
    the forum is to turn the -c option into -C. This works on win2003
    server, at least for me.

    Best regards

    Andreas
    AndreasPäffgen Guest