Professional Web Applications Themes

MySQL and PHP Help - MySQL

Hello All, I need you help to find out what I am doing wrong. I have a database applicaton I created using PHP and MySQL. I created a new database called DBSample and duplicated all of the files to a new folder called DBSample so I could have a copy to do development work on. When I open the DBSample site in my browser and login, it is showing the data from the production database, not the new one DBSample I created. I have an include file in all of my php pages called sample_database.php which contains this code: <?php ...

  1. #1

    Default MySQL and PHP Help

    Hello All,

    I need you help to find out what I am doing wrong. I have a database
    applicaton I created using PHP and MySQL. I created a new database
    called DBSample and duplicated all of the files to a new folder
    called
    DBSample so I could have a copy to do development work on.

    When I open the DBSample site in my browser and login, it is showing
    the data from the production database, not the new one DBSample I
    created.

    I have an include file in all of my php pages called
    sample_database.php which contains this code:

    <?php
    ini_set('display_errors',1);
    error_reporting (E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

    $username = "XX_Sample";
    $password = "Sample";
    $hostname = "localhost";

    //connection to the database
    $conn = mysql_connect($hostname, $username, $password) or die("Unable
    to connect to MySQL");

    //select a database to work with
    mysql_select_db("XX_Sample",$conn) or die("Could not select
    Database");

    ?>

    I removed almost all of the data from an orders table except one, as
    well as all of the customers except one, but when I open my order
    form
    and select the drop down it is showing me all of them from the
    production database.

    I double checked to make sure this user has select privledges on this
    database and it does.

    Thank you for your time.

    ~John Conklin

    John Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MySQL and PHP Help

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:49:57 -0700, John <net> wrote:

    Thought to empty the cache of your browser ? Sometimes it's as stupid
    as this !
    Make sure the queries you send with this connection do not specify
    the schema name ?
    subtenante Guest

  3. #3

    On Jun 18, 9:21 pm, subtenante <com> wrote:

    > Thought to empty the cache of your browser ? Sometimes it's as stupid
    > as this !
    > Make sure the queries you send with this connection do not specify
    > the schema name ?[/ref]

    Yep, emptyed the cache on my machine, and tried this on a computer
    that never visisted this site and get the same results.

    Here is one of the queries I am passing: SELECT CustomerID,
    CompanyName FROM customers ORDER BY CompanyName...no mention of the
    schema name here.

    So, last night I created a database on another companies servers,
    changed my databse connection file and still get the same results.

    I am totally lost with this one.

    ~John

    John Guest

  4. #4

    == Quote from John (net)'s article

    > > Thought to empty the cache of your browser ? Sometimes it's as stupid
    > > as this !
    > > Make sure the queries you send with this connection do not specify
    > > the schema name ?[/ref]
    > Yep, emptyed the cache on my machine, and tried this on a computer
    > that never visisted this site and get the same results.
    > Here is one of the queries I am passing: SELECT CustomerID,
    > CompanyName FROM customers ORDER BY CompanyName...no mention of the
    > schema name here.
    > So, last night I created a database on another companies servers,
    > changed my databse connection file and still get the same results.
    > I am totally lost with this one.
    > ~John[/ref]

    this is simple: what is happening is that somewhere in the code, you are still
    connecting to the production db and the code is using that connection handler to
    communicate with the server. do an exhaustive search on all the files within your
    application to make sure that you're controlling all the connections.
    --
    POST BY: lark with PHP News Reader
    lark Guest