I'm using CF MX7 (developer version) with MySQL 4.1.12 on Mac OSX Tiger.

I have followed the instructions here: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/6ef0253[/url]
to update the driver because of the error:

'Connection verification failed for data source: mysql_bad
java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake.
Is there a server running on localhost:3306?
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Communication
failure during handshake. Is there a server running on
localhost:3306?'

The JDBC driver comes up in the data sources window with an 'OK' status.
The details of JDBC are as follows:
CF Data Source Name JDBC
JDBC URL
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/learningcoldfusion
Driver Class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
Driver Name [blank]
User Name scott
Password ************
Description [blank]

The details of the MySql data source are as follows:

MySQL (3.x) : learningcoldfusion

CF Data Source Name learningcoldfusion
Database learningcoldfusion
Server: localhost Port : 3306
Username scott
Password (16-character limit) *********
Description [blank]

I'm still getting the error:

'Connection verification failed for data source:
learningcoldfusion
java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake. Is
there a server running on localhost:3306?
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Communication
failure during handshake. Is there a server

running on localhost:3306?'

when I try to verify the 'learningcoldfusion' database.

I get the same error whether or not the OSX firewall is on or off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott