Professional Web Applications Themes

MySQL Database not retrieving the full database - MySQL

Hi, I am using MySQL and PHP for my repository. It has 500+ records. till now it was displayiing all records in the database, but since from one week its not displaying all 500+, its showing only 400 records.. even in command mode its retrieving only 400 records. please help me to solve this problem. what may be the problem i am not able to traceout. and if i give the following command it will show records in command line. "select soft_id, soft_title, file_name from maintable where soft_id='530';" Waiting for reply Geetha...

  1. #1

    Default MySQL Database not retrieving the full database

    geetha.veeraiah@gmail.com Guest

  3. #3

    [email]geetha.veeraiah[/email] wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using MySQL and PHP for my repository. It has 500+ records. till
    > now it was displayiing all records in the database, but since from one
    > week its not displaying all 500+, its showing only 400 records..
    >
    > even in command mode its retrieving only 400 records. please help me to
    > solve this problem. what may be the problem i am not able to traceout.
    > and if i give the following command it will show records in command
    > line. "select soft_id, soft_title, file_name from maintable where
    > soft_id='530';"
    >
    > Waiting for reply
    > Geetha

    How do you know you have over 500 rows in the table? It sounds to me
    like you've only got 400 rows.

    And your SELECT statement will only show row(s) which have soft_id equal
    to '530', not all rows.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  4. #4

    Hi,

    There are 539 records, i can see them if i give the query like

    select soft_id, soft_title from maintable where soft_id='499';
    this query will show the soft_id and corresponding soft title which we
    have uploaded. I can see up to 539 software one by one by using this
    query, but if i give

    select * from maintable;
    this query retrieves only 400 software details

    that means records are there, but not displaying them.

    Please help me in this regard

    Regards
    Geetha

  5. #5

    If you can see a record with id 499, that does not mean that all records
    with lower id values still exist (or have even existed altogether). The
    query:

    SELECT COUNT(0) FROM maintable

    should tell you how many records there are.

    Best regards

    [email]geetha.veeraiah[/email] wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > There are 539 records, i can see them if i give the query like
    >
    > select soft_id, soft_title from maintable where soft_id='499';
    > this query will show the soft_id and corresponding soft title which we
    > have uploaded. I can see up to 539 software one by one by using this
    > query, but if i give
    >
    > select * from maintable;
    > this query retrieves only 400 software details
    >
    > that means records are there, but not displaying them.
    >
    > Please help me in this regard
    >
    > Regards
    > Geetha
    >
    > Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >> [email]geetha.veeraiah[/email] wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I am using MySQL and PHP for my repository. It has 500+ records. till
    >>> now it was displayiing all records in the database, but since from one
    >>> week its not displaying all 500+, its showing only 400 records..
    >>>
    >>> even in command mode its retrieving only 400 records. please help me to
    >>> solve this problem. what may be the problem i am not able to traceout.
    >>> and if i give the following command it will show records in command
    >>> line. "select soft_id, soft_title, file_name from maintable where
    >>> soft_id='530';"
    >>>
    >>> Waiting for reply
    >>> Geetha
    >>>
    >> How do you know you have over 500 rows in the table? It sounds to me
    >> like you've only got 400 rows.
    >>
    >> And your SELECT statement will only show row(s) which have soft_id equal
    >> to '530', not all rows.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Remove the "x" from my email address
    >> Jerry Stuckle