Hi,
I am trying to install mysql on solaris9 OS and downloaded the standard
package version5.0.
When I tried the command being root,
The following packages are available:
1 mysql MySQL Community Edition - Standard (GPL)
(sun4u) 5.0.24a

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]: all

Processing package instance <mysql> from
</cad/mysql/mysql-standard-5.0.24a-solaris9-sparc.pkg>

MySQL Community Edition - Standard (GPL)
(sun4u) 5.0.24a
Copyright (C) 2000-2005 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX DataKonsult
AB

This install require that the user 'mysql' and group 'mysql' exists
pkgadd: ERROR: request script did not complete successfully

Installation of <mysql> failed.
No changes were made to the system.

Later when I try to create a group and user mysql,

UX: groupadd: ERROR: mysql is already in use. Choose another.

UX: useradd: ERROR: mysql is already in use. Choose another.

Could anybody please explain me what is going wrong.

Thanks in advance.