Professional Web Applications Themes

Mysql limit for users - MySQL

Hi I work on the server Windows XP/MySQL/PHP When somebody use my website then mysql CPU usage is 100%. How can I decrease or set limit for CPU usage to users connected by LAN network to my comp....

  1. #1

    Default Mysql limit for users

    Hi

    I work on the server Windows XP/MySQL/PHP

    When somebody use my website then mysql CPU usage is 100%.
    How can I decrease or set limit for CPU usage to users connected by LAN
    network to my comp.

    PI Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Mysql limit for users

    PI wrote:

    First thing you must do is determine what's causing the usage to go so
    high. Is it your web server? Your pages? MySQL?

    Some diagnosis is in order.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  3. #3

    > PI wrote:
    >
    > First thing you must do is determine what's causing the usage to go so
    > high. Is it your web server? Your pages? MySQL?
    >
    > Some diagnosis is in order.[/ref]

    Mysql propably because in database is many records and many mysql queries.
    Cpu network monitor shows Mysql 100% usage.

    PI Guest

  4. #4

    PI wrote:

    >>First thing you must do is determine what's causing the usage to go so
    >>high. Is it your web server? Your pages? MySQL?
    >>
    >>Some diagnosis is in order.[/ref]
    >

    > Mysql propably because in database is many records and many mysql queries.
    > Cpu network monitor shows Mysql 100% usage.
    >
    >[/ref]

    Network monitor shows adapters and traffic, not cpu load.

    And "probably" doesn't mean a thing. I've had databases with millions
    of rows and 50-100 queries per second and it works fine.

    You need to sit down and diagnose the problem, not guess.

    --
    ==================

  5. #5

    >> Mysql propably because in database is many records and many mysql
    >> queries.
    >> Cpu network monitor shows Mysql 100% usage.
    >>
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > Network monitor shows adapters and traffic, not cpu load.
    >
    > And "probably" doesn't mean a thing. I've had databases with millions of
    > rows and 50-100 queries per second and it works fine.
    >
    > You need to sit down and diagnose the problem, not guess.[/ref]

    Of course system monitor not "network". It is when I'm resizing pictures
    by library gd2. About 100-200 pictures for every user session.

    PI Guest

  6. #6

    PI wrote:

    >>Network monitor shows adapters and traffic, not cpu load.
    >>
    >>And "probably" doesn't mean a thing. I've had databases with millions of
    >>rows and 50-100 queries per second and it works fine.
    >>
    >>You need to sit down and diagnose the problem, not guess.[/ref]
    >

    > Of course system monitor not "network". It is when I'm resizing pictures
    > by library gd2. About 100-200 pictures for every user session.
    >
    >[/ref]

    OK. But you still need to do some diagnosis. MySQL doesn't resize
    pictures, for instance.

    Find out what's actually taking the cpu time, then figure out what it's
    doing that is taking all of the cpu. You will probably need more than
    the system monitor. I'd suggest you check one of the MS newsgroups for
    some diagnostic help.

    --
    ==================

  7. #7

    >> Of course system monitor not "network". It is when I'm resizing pictures
    >> by library gd2. About 100-200 pictures for every user session.
    >>
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > OK. But you still need to do some diagnosis. MySQL doesn't resize
    > pictures, for instance.
    >
    > Find out what's actually taking the cpu time, then figure out what it's
    > doing that is taking all of the cpu. You will probably need more than the
    > system monitor. I'd suggest you check one of the MS newsgroups for some
    > diagnostic help.
    >[/ref]
    Maybe first of all someone know how to limit cpu usage for mysql to other
    users connected from LAN?

    PI Guest

  8. #8

    PI wrote:

    >>OK. But you still need to do some diagnosis. MySQL doesn't resize
    >>pictures, for instance.
    >>
    >>Find out what's actually taking the cpu time, then figure out what it's
    >>doing that is taking all of the cpu. You will probably need more than the
    >>system monitor. I'd suggest you check one of the MS newsgroups for some
    >>diagnostic help.
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > Maybe first of all someone know how to limit cpu usage for mysql to other
    > users connected from LAN?
    >
    >[/ref]

    Not possible, AFIAK.

    Even if it were - that may or may not fix his problem. He needs to find
    the cause, not take pot shots on solving it.

    --
    ==================

  9. #9

    On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:16:07 +0200, PI wrote:

    >> Network monitor shows adapters and traffic, not cpu load.
    >>
    >> And "probably" doesn't mean a thing. I've had databases with millions of
    >> rows and 50-100 queries per second and it works fine.
    >>
    >> You need to sit down and diagnose the problem, not guess.[/ref]
    >
    > Of course system monitor not "network". It is when I'm resizing pictures
    > by library gd2. About 100-200 pictures for every user session.[/ref]

    That's PROBABLY cpu being ed up by the resizing of the pictures, not
    by the database. And if this is a web app picture gallery thing of some
    kind, odds are the images are stored in the filesystem anyway, and the
    database is the *least* of your load, far lower than the the graphics
    library, the webserver, whatever scripting interpreter (php, perl, ruby)
    is running.

    --
    25. No matter how well it would perform, I will never construct any sort of
    machinery which is completely indestructible except for one small and