Professional Web Applications Themes

MySQL QueryBrowser: The program could not be launched. - MySQL

Hello all. I hope this is the right place for my question. I have migrated to a new computer where I installed the MySQL tools under a different path than on the old one computer. Now, when I try to start the querybrowser via the shortcut in the MySQL system tray monitor I get the error message in the subject plus the old path to the querybrowser's executable on the old computer. Apparently, this old path is still stored somewhere in my user profile which I took over from the old computer. However, I cannot find any reference to that ...

  1. #1

    Default MySQL QueryBrowser: The program could not be launched.

    Hello all.

    I hope this is the right place for my question.
    I have migrated to a new computer where I installed the MySQL tools
    under a different path than on the old one computer.
    Now, when I try to start the querybrowser via the shortcut in the MySQL
    system tray monitor I get the error message in the subject plus the old
    path to the querybrowser's executable on the old computer.
    Apparently, this old path is still stored somewhere in my user profile
    which I took over from the old computer. However, I cannot find any
    reference to that path in the files under C:\Doents and
    Settings\<USER>\Application Data\MySQL.

    Repairing or uninstalling and reinstalling didn't have any positive effect.
    Can anyone tell me where this path to the querybrowser's exe is stored?

    Thanks in advance,
    Philip
    Philip Guest

  2. #2

    Philip Reimer wrote:
    what version of mysql are you on?

    --
    lark -- net
    To reply to me directly, delete "despam".

  3. #3

    Philip Reimer wrote:
    try this

    right click the tray item, pick configure instance, click on the
    configure service tab on the right side of screen. look at the paths in
    this screen and make sure all of your paths correspond to new paths on
    your new machine. let us know if it worked.

  4. #4

    lark schrieb:
    > try this
    >
    > right click the tray item, pick configure instance, click on the
    > configure service tab on the right side of screen. look at the paths in
    > this screen and make sure all of your paths correspond to new paths on
    > your new machine. let us know if it worked.
    >[/ref]

    Hello.

    I'm using mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r11a-win32 and mysql-5.0.27.
    In the configure service tab you mentioned I can only set paths to the
    server executable and the configuration file my.ini.
    What was wrong was the path to the query browser's exe.
    But I found registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MySQL
    AB\MySQL Administrator and ...\MySQL Query Browser where the paths to
    the installation directory are set.
    Deleting them and reinstalling the gui-tools did the trick.

    But what's funny: both entries had the path to the old installation
    directory but only the query browser complained. Starting the
    administrator was no problem...

    Anyway, thanks for the help.
    Greetings
    Philip Guest