Hi,

I'm running MySQL 5.0 on WinXP-Pro/SP2.

In my ignorance, I ran MySQLInstanceConfig.exe and clicked through all its
pages every time I wanted to start MySQL. In each occasion, I encountered
an error message when I tried to run "mysql -u Me -p" instead of a prompt
for the password.

I discovered that the Config utility had deleted ".\MySQL\MySQL Server
5.0\bin" from the PATH. Of course, I reverse this side-effect and carry
on.

Happily, I just discovered "mysqld-max" as the painless way to startup
MySQL so I won't be much bothered by Config's deficiency any longer.
Nevertheless, I thought I should post this somewhere in case anybody's
interested.

--
Regards,
Richard