Professional Web Applications Themes

name on start menu - Windows XP/2000/ME

the name on top of the start menu takes the username of the person logged on. >-----Original Message----- >In Windows XP Pro- I just built a new PC and installed >all software with the current user name. The problem is >the users previous name appears. When you click on the >start button the menu pops up with the user name on it. >How do you change the name that is on it? The user does >not want that name at the top of the start menu. How do >you change it and where is it picked up from? (user name ...

  1. #1

    Default name on start menu

    the name on top of the start menu takes the username of
    the person logged on.

    oklier Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: name on start menu

    "This is not an email support service."

    I SEARCHED for my original post before I posted it a
    second time and it did not appear. I did not expect
    email support service but since it was not listed I
    posted it again. If that offended you I am sorry, but I
    feel that I have a right to ask the question again if it
    inadvertantly slipped through the cracks.

    One other item - for those who have constructive
    suggestions about the problem. The user does not log on
    with that name. There is nothing anywhere that has the
    old name. None of the software was registered to that
    name and the domain name is not that name either.

    received several replies
    ([url]www.google.com[/url]) to
    >search for them? This is not an email support service.
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >--
    >Cassandra
    >Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead
    Are People
    >Too!'
    >
    >Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse,
    insults, bequests
    >of 1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve
    (dot) co (dot)
    >uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
    >Private requests for assistance will not be
    acknowledged. Please post
    >all correspondence to the group so that all may benefit.
    Thank you.

    >.

    Marjorie Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Marjorie,
    by the way the quickest way to find you previous email is to go to View -
    current view - show replies to my messages
    This shows only yours

    Bert Guest