Professional Web Applications Themes

NAPP Members & Photoshop CS - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I just received a newsletter from Photoshop User (NAPP)stating that NAPP members can get a $30.00 discount for Photoshop CS by calling NAPP for a discount code. It has to be purchased from the Adobe store. I had preordered my CS upgrade from the Adobe store when Photoshop CS first came out. What I had to do was call Customer Service and cancell my original preorder and reorder via the Internet from the Adobe store. Your asked for the discount code and the price of the Photoshop CS upgrade was $139. Andrew...

  1. #1

    Default NAPP Members & Photoshop CS

    Andrew_Curatola@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: NAPP Members & Photoshop CS

    Anyone need another credit card? Ha! Well, for some folks, you may find that Amazon.com offers a $30 credit if you sign up for a no annual fee Amazon.com VISA card. That too would effectively get you a discount on PS8. I did that for another purchase and figure its easy enough to just not use the card or cancel it later as I see fit. A $30 discount is pretty nice to get.

    Daryl
    Daryl_Pritchard@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    click here :) <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=wowcentral-20&creative=92489&camp=8117&link_code=dl1&path=sub st/misc/amazon-cobrand-cc/v3/marketing-from-associates-step1.html/ref%3Db1_assoc_26>
    Robert_Blackwell™@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Interesting....when I clicked on that link Robert, I found the offer was now for only a $20 credit. Must be a different cookie on my PC that I'm at or else the offer is crumbling away. I had better see a $30 coupon when my credit card arrives. I plan to use it on Katrin's Eisemann's new Photoshop Retouching book. :)
    Daryl_Pritchard@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I don't know if there really is a $30 coupon...the associates center only shows $20 and that's what I've seen on the banners. If you find a $30 promotion somewhere else, I'd do that, but I don't know where it is :(
    Robert_Blackwell™@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Daryl, its that time again. Hoping there aren't any problems with CS and your Photobars. Myself and alot of other people depend on them.

    Take care

  7. #7

    Hi Andrew,

    I'm not sure what to expect this time around with Phototools and Photobars. With PS7, I had some resources available where I was able to get a jump on developing the Photobars supplement, but no such luck this time and I suspect it may well be after the retail release of PS8 that I'll be able to take a look at it. You'll find more comments on the Photobars topic in the thread "For PS8: Will there be a Photobars "CS" supplement to Phototools?" </cgi-bin/webx?13.2ccd99d1/8> or at my website.

    Robert, my Amazon offer was definitely for $30, which seemed worth the trouble of getting then later destroying a credit card. Hmmm...I just went to Amazon.com and again see the $30 offer. Maybe it varies each day or according to some sort of cookie. <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-6695304-1241620>

    Cheers,

  8. #8

    Yeah, that link doesn't have a promo offer attached to it, it's probably random.
    Robert_Blackwell™@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    You guys are complaining without due cause.

    Whenever Adobe anounce a product, and we look at it on the US site, it gives say $99 for the "RAW Plug-in", well, we in the UK have to pay the same in pounds, i.e. £99.

    Considering the value of £ til $ is two thirds, how do Adobe work that out. That's like saying a $30,000 car should sell for $45.000, just because we live in a different country, and what makes the matter worse, if we download any "Apps" from the site,we are taxed on them also, even though Adobe doesn't pay "Postage for Ever"

    So what's the score, Who's getting the best deal or what?

    I swear blind, If Chris Cox or any of the guys reply to the mail, then they are either "THE LORD" or they are unhappy with the scenario as well.

    I REST MY CASE

    So any crying, OOOOOHHH!!!! ADOBE MADE ME DO IT BBOO HHHHOOOOO!!!!!

    Regards

    A NOT UK SUBSIDISED UNHAPPY OVER THE WATER DOWNLOAD ENABLED USER OF ADOBE PRODUCTS.

    And make a synonym of this if you want. I'm going drinking. So NA!NA! NA!

    Bad Adobe

    Regards

    Mark
    Mark_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Still ticked about that "colony" thing I see. :)
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Mark - we don't use the same number for dollars and pounds.

    BUT in England and Europe we have additional taxes (VAT, etc.) and some extra costs that have to be figured into the prices (like hiring accountants to deal with insane VAT policies ;-).

    Yes, I wish the prices were closer - but you'll have to talk to the various governments about that.....
    Chris_Cox@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Dave, What do you mean "Colony", we STILL own the STATES with all our trade. Without the "Brits" Well what can I say. LOL!

    Yes Chris I understand, but how do you legislate if we "DOWNLOAD" a product. How is any Government meant to know about THAT.

  13. #13

    Well what can I say. LOL!

    :)
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Also Dave,

    I live in Northern Ireland which is a "State within a State" and Chris, the Irish Republic, THEY don't have VAT, as such, and certainly not for Northerners, so what do you say about THAT?

    Anyway, they're now Euro, so does that make it any easier? I can convert my Quid to Euro and get a no VAT package. What do you reckon?

    I'm going to the seminar release down South, so i'll expect a cheaper deal what with the exchange rate et al!

    But I notice the "Clients" down South aren't necessarily Cheaper, they just accept the pricing.

    Overall I think the whole deal is a real Sham

  15. #15

    Mark - several US states and some countries have tax policies that affect purchases made outside the region (because they are "delivered" in region).

    It's not a sham, but it is interesting to watch companies try to set fair prices and compensate for all the local costs involved....
    Chris_Cox@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Chris,

    In the past I whinged about "Features" for Photoshop et al and "Fair Play" Adobe have delivered coz you guys listened and were up front and personal about that.

    I know this is an "in-Betweenie" or in "IR" terms a "TWEEN" but you ARE evading the "Download" issue. What gives? regarding tax

    Regards

    Mark

    P.S. Thanks for more than the "Impressionist" FEATURE
    Mark_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Mark - the very first line of my last message addresses downloads.
    Chris_Cox@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    C'est Soire Chris

    Comprendez Vous

    Regardez Vous

  19. #19

    Chris
    re: "...in England and Europe we have additional taxes (VAT, etc.) and some extra costs that have to be figured into the prices (like hiring accountants to deal with insane VAT policies..."

    Photoshop 7 in the UK costs £593 whilst our US cousins pay only £377.

    If you live in Australia you can expect to pay £522, India £470, Russia £369 (£369 that’s cheaper than The States!) and the Czechs pay £750.

    Europe have the worst deal, it seems, from my scour of the web. If you are in France £879, Germany £812 and the Italians a whopping great £1,050! (Prices quoted are for the International edition)

    VAT rates are from 15-25% in Europe - QED £377 + 25% = £471.25

    Oh, to be an accountant in Italy :)
    slim_palmer@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    I notice many in the US who work with Asian or Middle Eastern scripts are advised in these forums to use the proper localised Photoshop edition such as Photoshop Middle East.

    Does Adobe make arrangements for those in the US (or other countries)
    to legally acquire and register them?
    Gener@adobeforums.com Guest