Professional Web Applications Themes

National Dial Up ISP Recommendations? - Mac Networking

I am looking for a national dial up internet isp for travel purposes. Have been using Earthlink because of the large number of local numbers but am not real happy with them right now. The servers on the local numbers that I access the most seem to have problems. They also don't seem to pay enough attention to their mail servers as this latest worm is flooding my computer at the rate of about 50 messages/hour. All they can do is tell me my mail storage on their server is full. I now delete all emails from the server when ...

  1. #1

    Default National Dial Up ISP Recommendations?

    I am looking for a national dial up internet isp for travel purposes.
    Have been using Earthlink because of the large number of local numbers
    but am not real happy with them right now. The servers on the local
    numbers that I access the most seem to have problems. They also don't
    seem to pay enough attention to their mail servers as this latest worm
    is flooding my computer at the rate of about 50 messages/hour. All
    they can do is tell me my mail storage on their server is full. I now
    delete all emails from the server when they are transferred but that
    doesn't help the problem of getting flooded with the worm stuff.

    I found a company call MaGlobe which supplies prepaid internet access
    with lots of local numbers, international access, and reasonable toll
    free rates. Anybody have any opinions on them???

    Thanks for the help,

    Frank McGirt
    [email]fmcgirtmac.com[/email]
    Frank McGirt Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: National Dial Up ISP Recommendations?

    In article <220920031141541613%fmcgirtmac.com>,
    Frank McGirt <fmcgirtmac.com> wrote:
    > I am looking for a national dial up internet isp for travel purposes.
    > Have been using Earthlink because of the large number of local numbers
    > but am not real happy with them right now. The servers on the local
    > numbers that I access the most seem to have problems. They also don't
    > seem to pay enough attention to their mail servers as this latest worm
    > is flooding my computer at the rate of about 50 messages/hour. All
    > they can do is tell me my mail storage on their server is full. I now
    > delete all emails from the server when they are transferred but that
    > doesn't help the problem of getting flooded with the worm stuff.
    >
    > I found a company call MaGlobe which supplies prepaid internet access
    > with lots of local numbers, international access, and reasonable toll
    > free rates. Anybody have any opinions on them???
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > Frank McGirt
    > [email]fmcgirtmac.com[/email]
    I use Access-4-Free.com and I like them.

    --
    Mike Cohen - mike3k <at> onepost <dot> net
    Personal: [url]http://www.mc-development.com/[/url]

  3. #3

    In article
    <news0815a.8.macguy-2FAE80.20411822092003newsgroups.bellsouth.net>,
    Mike Cohen <news0815a.8.macguyspamgourmet.com> wrote:
    > In article <220920031141541613%fmcgirtmac.com>,
    > Frank McGirt <fmcgirtmac.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking for a national dial up internet isp for travel purposes.
    > > Have been using Earthlink because of the large number of local numbers
    > > but am not real happy with them right now. The servers on the local
    > > numbers that I access the most seem to have problems. They also don't
    > > seem to pay enough attention to their mail servers as this latest worm
    > > is flooding my computer at the rate of about 50 messages/hour. All
    > > they can do is tell me my mail storage on their server is full. I now
    > > delete all emails from the server when they are transferred but that
    > > doesn't help the problem of getting flooded with the worm stuff.
    > >
    > > I found a company call MaGlobe which supplies prepaid internet access
    > > with lots of local numbers, international access, and reasonable toll
    > > free rates. Anybody have any opinions on them???
    > >
    > > Thanks for the help,
    > >
    > > Frank McGirt
    > > [email]fmcgirtmac.com[/email]
    >
    > I use Access-4-Free.com and I like them.
    Thanks for the response. I had checked them out and they did not
    appear to offer toll free access but I will look again.
    Frank McGirt Guest

  4. #4

    Frank McGirt <fmcgirtmac.com> wrote:
    > Thanks for the response. I had checked them out and they did not
    > appear to offer toll free access but I will look again.
    They don't appear to have any toll-free numbers, but there were local
    access numbers for any location I checked out.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Rosenberg Guest